North Dakota Duck/Pheasant Combo

Gman12

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking to possibly take my son on a duck/pheasant combo hunt November 2024 with an outfitter. We do not need 5 star accommodations and chef prepared meals. Just looking for a solid, reputable operation. Does anyone have any recommendations?

WCB

WKR
I would probably look more towards late Oct. good chance ND is froze up anytime past the first week of Nov...Unless the outfitter is along a river system or large water.

No help on an outfitter/lodge in ND

Last edited:

tgus59

Lil-Rokslider
following. I go to SD for pheasants every year, but a combo trip like this sounds super appealing!

Rich M

WKR
I'd be interested too.

Know a guy who went on a combo hunt - pheasants, ducks, geese. 3-4 guys got 1/2 doz ringnecks, 2 ducks and 1 goose. The goose was taken on an "I bet you can't hit that one" shot.

Have you considered looking at local refuges? Might be cheaper to pay $35/bird than flying out anywhere for a 3-5 day adventure.

MTJake

Lil-Rokslider
We went with Mouse River Outfitters out of Kramer, ND for waterfowl earlier this year. Fantastic trip! It was the week before pheasant season, so we hunted sharpies and huns on our own in the afternoons. But during pheasant season they have an option to do guided pheasants in the afternoon. We will go again with Todd and his crew! I do think they are pretty froze up by November.

KurtR

WKR
It froze some earlier but now I would say bottom half of the state is open. I am 20 miles south of the nd border and we are wide open and covered in birds. Friends up in nodak are absolutely pounding them this last week. Average year first week of November is about the best time to come.

OP
G

Gman12

Lil-Rokslider
We went with Mouse River Outfitters out of Kramer, ND for waterfowl earlier this year. Fantastic trip! It was the week before pheasant season, so we hunted sharpies and huns on our own in the afternoons. But during pheasant season they have an option to do guided pheasants in the afternoon. We will go again with Todd and his crew! I do think they are pretty froze up by November.
Will check them out. Thanks for the recommendation!