Northern BC

I have a tag for bison in northern BC In the later half of October. Any suggestions on jackets/pants? Thanks.

tdot

WKR
Be prepared for both rain and/or cold w/snow, and mud... either way there will be mud. I'd be looking at a heavier duty waterproof breathable such as the Kuiu Yukon series with the appropriate insulation layers to handle the temperature ranges. If you will only be operating out of a machine or on horseback, you might consider some heavier truely waterproof gear, such as Grundens.

Guided or DIY bison? Good luck either way!

In NW BC the first week of Oct, 2019 it snowed several inches then got down to around -15*C (+5*F) at our timberline caribou/moose camp. This was after it was well above freezing on day 1.

Be prepared for a cold snap, that is late in the year for the latitude and probably the elevation you'll be hunting at.

OP
B
Guided or DIY bison? Good luck either way!

In NW BC the first week of Oct, 2019 it snowed several inches then got down to around -15*C (+5*F) at our timberline caribou/moose camp. This was after it was well above freezing on day 1.

Be prepared for a cold snap, that is late in the year for the latitude and probably the elevation you'll be hunting at.
DIY. Four of us have drawn a group hunt from October 16th- 31st

tdot

WKR
First time in region. Looking at sxs and quads and on foot

Awesome. It's gorgeous country. If you have the time, run up there in August/September for some scouting. I did that for a friend of a friend who drew a tag 5 or 6 years ago and it made a huge difference for them. It completely changed our original plan for their hunt. They ended up using sxs and snowmobiles in mid November.

Moose83

Lil-Rokslider
Warm breathable layers for walking around.... and something impermeable like helly hansen for on the quads or sxs. Definitely have some really warm clothes in reserve if the temperature drops, that country can get cold.... although in October you might miss the extreme stuff. I was up there in the beginning of December on my hunt so my experience could have been different. Have fun... it's gorgeous country.