Not a Kuiu fan, but

Buckman

WKR
I think I may try some pieces when they have the upcoming sale. With that said, what do you guys think would be the best jacket and pants I should try? This would be for Colorado, mid Oct. I'm thinking Guide jacket n pants. What say you?

dunner543

Lil-Rokslider
The full zip merino long johns are awesome. So nice not to have to take your boots off to get them on or off.

I hate hate hated the icon pro pack, I swore off kuiu. But...I tried their gaiters and the down glassing mittens, both have exceeded my expectations and I would absolutely order them again if I lost them or something damaged them beyond repair.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
If expecting cold twenties or Lower I would go with guides if 30s and above the attacks..both are excellent.

Hardwoods

FNG
Guide pants get hot pretty quick hiking around even with the side zips.

Attacks with merino long johns for the mornings, then strip off the long johns mid morning or early afternoon should do the trick.

I can't speak on the jackets but my cousin will vouch for the guide jacket and I can vouch for the peleton 240.

russ_outdoors

Lil-Rokslider
Kuiu Guide Jacket and their zip-off long johns are my some of my favorite pieces for fall hunting.

When hiking the Guide Jacket keeps me warm down into the teens with a typical wool base layer. When I stop to glass I put a puffy over the top. The zip-off long johns are just brilliant! Very easy to take off and not terrible to put back on if needed. My only gripe is I wish they were 2" longer.

OP
B

Buckman

WKR
Thanks everyone for the info. I must say that I am cold most of the time, especially if its windy. Would rather error on the side of warmer outer ware than not. How does the guide jacket compare to the Jetstream jacket?

milunchbox

Lil-Rokslider
I love my guide jacket and guide pants. For still hunting I can go to about 30* with just a base layer. They hold up well to walking through brush as well.