Not cleaning

Posting this to not add to the off-topic nature of the the recent chamber dimension thread.

For those who have extensively experimented with not cleaning their bores, what do you do with moisture exposure from field conditions or high humidity? Let rust go and shoot it out?

QuackAttack

Lil-Rokslider
I have to clean carbon steel or it rusts from dew and humidity. I try to dry the bore well and foul it again when possible.

khuber84

WKR
Posting this to not add to the off-topic nature of the the recent chamber dimension thread.

For those who have extensively experimented with not cleaning their bores, what do you do with moisture exposure from field conditions or high humidity? Let rust go and shoot it out?
People who don't clean, likely don't look into the bore. How would they know if there is rust accumulating in it?

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
People who don't clean, likely don't look into the bore. How would they know if there is rust accumulating in it?

Because rust cant form on the beautiful runway of copper.
But seriously.
I'm trying the not cleaning and I havent seen a corrosion or pitting problem yet in a couple barrels and I have checked periodically with my cheap teslong bore scope.