not hunt related; noise cancelling headphones.

boom

WKR
i seriously regret not getting on board earlier.

i've been flying a lot. lots more in the next two months. it's downright amazing!! the background noise inside of a commercial airliner is shocking. i apparently got used to it all these years, but having all that noise go away with a "click". blew my mind.

i have been catching up with my MeatEater podcasts. laughing outloud sometimes.

i stayed with my mom last week while she was ill..the headphones and the shows i downloaded on my ipad saved my sanity. she watches the most awful talk shows.. bleech..

i fly out again this sunday. my Bose Q35 are already in the bag.

dsclowers

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm traveling more for work now too. My wife got me a set of the Bose QC 20s for Christmas. Unbelievable difference while in the air.

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Agreed x1,000! I fly quite a bit for work and couldn't agree more. I have the humungous Beats Studio's and the small Powerbeats. The Powerbeats don't cancel quite as much noise but they still do a great job. I have used my Powerbeats every single day in the gym, running on the weekend and traveling for over two years now, cannot say enough good things about them.

I still have my Bose QE2s that i purchased like 15 years ago. I am sure the tech is even better now, but I can't fly without them.

Beendare

WKR
My Apple AirPods have many cool features which include the filtration of the background noise. So they reduce the background noise which improves the quality of the sound.

I got those^ for my wife...IMO, the NC is weak compared to a full headphone

______

Trr15

WKR
I agree with the praise for the Powerbeats. I wore a pair of those out but it took a few years. I have JBL Everest’s now and I think they’re even better than the Powerbeats. I have gen 1 AirPods and they do zero to cancel background noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Dropped bose a couple years ago and went with Sennheiser HD 4.50 SE and couldn't be happier with the increased audio quality.

AlaskaEd

WKR
I’ll never have anything other than noise cancelling (or ANR) again. My AirPod Pros make the gym seem like I’m the only one in there sound-wise, whether I’m on the treadmill, stairclimber, or lifting. I was on an elliptical a while back that was making a loud sqeaking noise, but I had no idea until someone pointed it out. Must have been real annoying to everyone else, but I didn’t know. The Airpod pros have the best noise reduction I have ever heard. When driving my older 911 with a racing exhaust, they make it so quiet I have to remember to shift gears based on vibrations, it’s spooky how quiet it gets. I use Beats NC headphones when traveling on airlines, and they put me in my own little quiet world to listen to music or watch shows. When flying my plane I have a Bose headset in my helmet and another if I don’t want to wear a helmet. Huge difference in all aspects.

Gir

FNG
Been hearing really good things about the Galaxy Buds 2. They dont have active noise cancellation but they seal well and are fairly loud. Personally I've been partial to Sennheiser if you're willing to spend the money, definitely good quality