Nuts and Dried Fruit alternatives

SDChungus

FNG
Any alternatives to nuts and dried fruits? I suffer from migraines and they mainly are triggered from dried fruits and excessive seeds/nuts. I am pretty cautious and I think its due to higher tyramine levels in aged / dried foods. Too much dried/cured salami can do me in as well.

My wife deals with a similar issue and snacks on dried plantain chips from Trader Joe’s. I don’t know exactly what’s not in it, but they seem to agree with her.

PNWGATOR

WKR
Reach out to Kyle Camp of Valley to Peak Nutrition and see if he can offer you specific advise based on your needs and condition. Be well worth your while.

OP
S

SDChungus

FNG
Thanks for the advice much appreciated and i'll look into those options. Keep it rolling if anyone has additional suggestions.

Look into sulfite content for your trigger. My wife discovered that sulfites will give her a headache and they're often in dried fruits (and wine) as a preservative. For dried fruit, you can find some that's sulfite free and it makes a big difference to her.

OP
S

SDChungus

FNG
Look into sulfite content for your trigger. My wife discovered that sulfites will give her a headache and they're often in dried fruits (and wine) as a preservative. For dried fruit, you can find some that's sulfite free and it makes a big difference to her.
Awesome I will look into this. I love dried fruit but I avoid it for these reasons.

Awesome I will look into this. I love dried fruit but I avoid it for these reasons.
It's usually right on the label, look for sodium metasulfite or similar. It can be surprisingly difficult to find stuff without it, but it does make a difference to my wife.