OAL for 300 weatherby

I'm fairly new to reloading and have read about the free bore in the 300 weatherby. Where do you guys start your OAL typically? I've been loading to factory ammo specs but would like to try different lengths and was wondering where to start. Thanks

WKR
I started at mag length for my 300 bee, you wont be close to the lands and if you did load up to the lands it would be a single shot. I started at mag length and worked my way down to .120 off mag length.

norcal7.3

Lil-Rokslider
Start with a set length, whatever your bullet manufacture recommends and adjust charge weights until you find the type of group you are looking for. With a factory Weatherby rifle, you will not get close enough to the lands. Ive had good luck with Nosler e-tips, Nosler Accubonds, and barnes ttsx in Weatherby rifles

OP
F
Thanks for the replies. I ended up finding a good load with imr 7828ssc and 180 nosler partitions going just over 3200 fps. They're grouping about .75 moa. I tried accubonds and couldn't get them to group well with my gun using 4 different powders. My best group was about 1.5 moa. Had some success with the 180 barnes ttsx and the federal 180 trophy bonded. Both sub moa groups but at slower speeds. Also, I can't find any more trophy bonded for the life of me. All on back order. I'm happy with the nosler partitions. For the ranges I hunt at the lower bc isn't a concern and they hammer elk.