Obsession Phoenix another bow worth looking at !!!!!!

ontarget7

WKR
I have been tweaking this bow with strings, speed nocks etc to see if I could get some more peak performance out of it. Well, after some time behind this bow tuning and tweaking it is definitely a shooter and I have been very impressed with its shootability. Very manageable cam lean for a 2 track cam system, which seems to be a little more forgiving on the range of spine that tunes very well with these bows.

This is my personal Phoenix I have been tweaking and setting up to my liking. I think the tweaking with string diameter, speed nock weight and location are about done. The end results are some very good numbers above their IBO rating. Current specs are

28 5/8 @ 71#
420 gr arrow
Peep and loop
302-304 fps

a6y4a8e8.jpg
maqegaba.jpg
bemu8e9y.jpg

Those numbers put it right at 343 rating. I can't wait til our Phoenix gets into the shop so I can run it through the paces. So far the evolution has been awesome.

Those numbers put it right at 343 rating. I can't wait til our Phoenix gets into the shop so I can run it through the paces. So far the evolution has been awesome.

Thanks guys

I will be honest I am experimenting with a 20 strand count of 452X, so far so good. Definitely upped the speed and coming in more like a 345-347 IBO. The stock strings 24 strands were coming in more like a 339 IBO with the 24 strand. The 24 strand are fairly tight in the cam track and the reason why I am experimenting with the 20 strand. Bumped up IBO and seems to even make a already nice draw cycle even better

Last edited:
Thanks guys

I will be honest I am experimenting with a 20 strand count of 452X, so far so good. Definitely upped the speed and coming in more like a 345-347 IBO. The stock strings 24 strands were coming in more like a 339 IBO with the 24 strand. The 24 strand are fairly tight in the cam track and the reason why I am experimenting with the 20 strand. Bumped up IBO and seems to even make a already nice draw cycle even better

Nice. Are you going 20 all of the way around or just string? I can see though how would would get some speed. Smaller diameter acts like a long string. More cam rotation involved in the draw cycle then. Is this what put your DL a touch long? It seems the obsessions are actually spot on true measured DL

Nice. Are you going 20 all of the way around or just string? I can see though how would would get some speed. Smaller diameter acts like a long string. More cam rotation involved in the draw cycle then. Is this what put your DL a touch long? It seems the obsessions are actually spot on true measured DL

Yep ! Went all the way around due to the tighter cam tracking with the 24 strands.

How is the Phoenix compared to the Lethal Force II, specs look similar. I love the LF II and i also have the first 80lb Evolution out of the factory, it's a sweet shooter too

How is the Phoenix compared to the Lethal Force II, specs look similar. I love the LF II and i also have the first 80lb Evolution out of the factory, it's a sweet shooter too

Not the Lethal Force II was bad but this year is definitely improvement IMO.
Waiting for 80# limbs for the Phoenix right now. The draw cycle is very comfortable and smooth IMO

I know I got bows to get done :). Elk season is getting close so squeezed in my first group with the Phoenix at 90 yards. This bow is a shooter, even busted a nock at 90 yards. Need a little sight adjustment but it will take it for not much time behind it

yqemy4a9.jpg

I bought an Obsession Adddiction this year and it is the best bow I have ever shot. Glad I gave them a try. Not many people have heard about them in MO. Btw he'll of a group!!

Back