Official Montana 2023 Draw Thread!

What season are you planning to hunt?

• Total voters
Last edited:
OP
mountainman406
Can we make this a bitch free zone with no whining about allocation, cost, point systems etc.....?!?!?! There's already been enough of that on here
I think most posts inevitably turn into this unfortunately. I'm hoping that we can just congratulate successful drawings and give some guidance to those that don't understand the system so that they can draw in the future. Time will tell...

OP
mountainman406
For those that are unaware, here is the link to allow you to search the website via spreadsheet. In the past, I've been able to see my drawing status through this method prior to it being available on my FWP account page. I'll throw this link in the initial post as well:

Excel Search: https://myfwp.mt.gov/fwpExtPortal/searchHunters_input.action

Afhunter1

WKR
Me and a bud are in with 0. Pulled gen tags last year with 3 and we would like to go back for some revenge! 🤞

My son is also in for WY gen and should draw so I’m not gonna be too upset if we don’t draw MT.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not sure of the exact stats, you could probably get a good idea from last year’s draw numbers. However, I’d guess 95%+- since I know people that drew with 0 and 1 over the past 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You could only draw with 1 point in the second draw last year, after everyone turned back thier tag

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Usi05

WKR
Burnt PP’s last year on a gen tag. In this year for 0 PP’s. Also put in for a permit with bonus points.

Hoping I am celebrating a montana or NM tag in next few weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bmart2622

WKR
The only thing worse than whining about tags is people who use lol!!! Anyway the draw hasnt even happened yet and the thread is taking a turn. Theres other threads with plenty of bitching going on, use them