Ohhhhh.......riiiiiiight.

OP
robtattoo

robtattoo

WKR
Happy day today. I got my scope back from Vortex (replacement) & bolted it all back together.
Cheap Boyds stock (after a 2 hour, orbital sander rework & lashings of paint) & a lighter weight take off barrel chopped to 18" makes it a much lighter, handier & well balanced rifle altogether.

20210209_172618.jpg

Jonn44

FNG
Happy day today. I got my scope back from Vortex (replacement) & bolted it all back together.
Cheap Boyds stock (after a 2 hour, orbital sander rework & lashings of paint) & a lighter weight take off barrel chopped to 18" makes it a much lighter, handier & well balanced rifle altogether.

View attachment 262373
That busted stock would look cool hanging on the wall.

TheGDog

WKR
Luckily the scope is warrantied (thanks Vortex!)
Does anybody know if they'll replace a scope that's been camo painted?

I was real bummed. I pulled my .223 Rem out of the gun cabinet and found that the ocular bell was slightly bent downward. Not sure if it happened in transport or from other stuff in that cramped lil Stack-On cabinet falling onto it and the scope was facing the outer walls.

CorbLand

WKR
Reminds me of a saying our families hunting mentor says

“There are two things in this world you never let someone borrow. Your gun or your wife and it’s in that order because you have a better chance getting your wife back.”

Glad you got a new stock. Hopefully it shoots better then it did before but like most have said, it’s just a tool and they can be replaced.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Stuff happens, how people handle it when it does is what matters. She sounds like a person I would lend something to.

Reminds me of a saying our families hunting mentor says

“There are two things in this world you never let someone borrow. Your gun or your wife and it’s in that order because you have a better chance getting your wife back.”
Depends on the wife. If I tried to let someone borrow mine she would slit my throat and get mad at me for bleeding on the floor...that's if she was in a forgiving mood.

Rich M

WKR
Rifle looks good. Like the stock.

Did you involve her in the modifications? Mighta been a fun project and teaching opportunity.