Old Bear Summer Sausage

Just finished my last bear summer sausage from 2019. Found it last week in the back of the freezer while looking for the last of the walleye from last year. Had it vacuum sealed and to my surprise it did not have any freezer burn and was just as delicious as the first one we ate a few years ago.

Blind Squirrel

Lil-Rokslider
Just finished my last bear summer sausage from 2019. Found it last week in the back of the freezer while looking for the last of the walleye from last year. Had it vacuum sealed and to my surprise it did not have any freezer burn and was just as delicious as the first one we ate a few years ago.
I just found one more bag of cubed bear meat from 2022 in the back of the freezer. I was wondering if it would still be good.

wowzers

Lil-Rokslider
When I first started dating my Wife I went over to her house for dinner one night. I’ll preface this with she is not a cook, but she cooked up a dinner of bear steaks from one she had shot. As we’re eating I asked when she shot it. She answers and some quick mental math tells me my steak is like nine years old. I skipped seconds but I am still alive to assume all the cooking duties in the relationship.

When I first started dating my Wife I went over to her house for dinner one night. I’ll preface this with she is not a cook, but she cooked up a dinner of bear steaks from one she had shot. As we’re eating I asked when she shot it. She answers and some quick mental math tells me my steak is like nine years old. I skipped seconds but I am still alive to assume all the cooking duties in the relationship.
My wife works in food safety. She freaks out on some of our stuff, but I would bet the worst day in our handling of game is better than the average food service. It's scary the stories she has of "high-class" places.

Dirtscoots

Lil-Rokslider
Worth thawing out and seeing if there is freezer burn. I recently cooked hamburger helper with a long lost package of elk burger from 16. No one died bit of freezer burn I cut off the edges everyone had seconds. I trust game meat I processed way more then anything store bought