Ole Betsy and I gathered up a few squirrels yesterday

dhaverstick

Lil-Rokslider
qjsiru0.jpg

nMt1olU.jpg

It cooled off here yesterday morning, relatively speaking, so I grabbed Ole Betsy and took a walkabout behind the house. We ended up with three grays before I decided it was time to do something else inside.

Darren

BKS1

FNG
Awesome. Tell me more about the gun. I have been considering a muzzleloader for squirrel hunting but with my eyesight I don't think I could hit anything with iron sights so a shotgun/musket may be the answer.

OP
dhaverstick

dhaverstick

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome. Tell me more about the gun. I have been considering a muzzleloader for squirrel hunting but with my eyesight I don't think I could hit anything with iron sights so a shotgun/musket may be the answer.

Ole Betsy is a 12 gauge smoothbore that I shoot #6 shot out of. I also have a 32 caliber flintlock rifle for squirrel hunting, but I much prefer my scattergun. Heavy leaf cover and diminishing eye sight make shooting a single projectile at a squirrel a low percentage deal for me.

All my guns were made by my good friend, John Pruitt. I think the last one, a 54 rifle, cost me 3 dozen homemade cookies plus the price of parts.

Darren