Olicamp XTS

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just picked up the olicamp xts combo with the stove, am I missing something or does the stove not fit in the cup with a fuel canister unless you unthread the valve body from the burner tube to completely break down the stove?

mtmiller

WKR
Two identical set-ups other than the pot. Micro rockets and brand new fuel canisters with 16 oz tap water and very cold temps last March. Wind was not a factor since I was in my sheltered backyard. Canisters and water were in these conditions for just a couple minutes.

Last weekend while scouting. Canister was less than 1/2 full. Minimal wind with nothing to block.

Browtine

WKR
I didn't do any scientific testing, but was very impressed with my boil times at 11,500 with MSR PR.

dcc95d4f32d5b1d93dc0c2add25b7449_zps7ae78b6d.jpg

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider
Reviving it a little. Anyone used an olicamp XTS with a primus stove? I'm wondering if I get the XTS if i am going to have to get a new, lighter stove to accommodate it?

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Great pot for the money, especially if you roll with an alcohol stove like the Toaks titanium. It traps the heat in and has better boil times than the same Olicamp pot without the flux capacitor ring. Any canister stove that shoots a central flame up the middle and doesn't "bloom" the flame will work well with this pot. The Pocket rocket is good in this respect as all the heat is straight up the middle of the ring where the ring can trap the heat. Slick, with the Primus style stoves you may get some heat loss from the flame hitting the bottom of the reactor ring. With a good wind screen it is all probably the same however.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Still using this pot sometimes. Best bang for the buck out there imo. Can't vouch for the pimus stove though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk