OnGlass Adapter - light & effective digiscoping

svivian

WKR
The idea is awesome, the implementation could just use a little refining and it could be THE perfect digiscoping adapter.

#1 I think leaving the extrusion for the magnet in the phone adapter solid on the outside and placing the magnet into channel from the inside would be ideal. Then you add the adhesive over the magnet opening and attach to phone there is no issue with the magnet being able to pop out and potentially get lost in the field.

#2 Having the scope adapter screw into the body instead of the 4 post twist lock would create a solid interface with no play in it. Mine has the tiniest bit of play where it locks into the body.

#3 A little refining of the spring fingers, or making the scope adapter just a little longer to capture a little more of the magnification body for scopes with the adjustable eye cup.

Those little things would definitely set the OnGlass adapter over the edge in usability. It really has the concept to be perfect. It is not all doom and gloom, and I hope I didn't make it sound that way.
I agree on the spacers. Especially having a wider range of optics that fit for $85. For example my ATS is one size smaller than my ATX. Then I need another spacer for my 11-33 razor. By the time I buy all three I’m at $155 for 3d printed plastic that doesn’t clamp on like a magview.

The alignment was very easy to do. I also like how small everything is and light. These are big pluses to me.

I think with some refining this could be a really great option at a very good price point. For the time being I have made rubber bands work to use one spacer for both the ATS and the ATX.

Maybe a light 3d printed version of a clamp like this that is more versatile and solid.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I got mine, and will make a MagSafe adapter for my iPhone. Probably cut a piece of Kydex and use some small rare earth magnets and cut/glue in the stick on adapter.

If I have problems with the fingers, I will try something like moleskin or another tape with thickness. Add it to a few on one side, and keep going around until it fits like I want.

I am thinking of looking for a o ring or something else that would be more than the rubber band. Maybe that would be better if the fit is close.

Either way, looks like a cool system.