Onnex Hinge vs. Ultraview Hinge 2

cvanman

Lil-Rokslider
Since the stan hinge has been out for a while now, but very few ppl have been able to get their hands on it - any feedback or comparison?

I could not find anything on YouTube.

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
I can only comment on the UV2 Hinge. If you're getting started it's very easy to shoot draw and shoot.

3forks

WKR
Since the stan hinge has been out for a while now, but very few ppl have been able to get their hands on it - any feedback or comparison?

I could not find anything on YouTube.
This won’t be too helpful, but I’ve shot both the UV hinge 2 and the Onnex.

For context, I’ve been shooting hinges exclusively for 10 years or so, and I’ve been shooting a Truball Fulcrum Flex (set to break relatively cold).

I shot both the large and XL Onnex, and they both felt a little clunky in my average size hand (wear a size large glove).

The Onnex wasn’t uncomfortable, but the finger beds felt spaced out and thick.

I didn’t try adjusting the Onnex too much, but it did break crisply like other Stan releases I have shot.

The UV 2 aluminum (medium) felt very comfortable in my hand, and it didn‘t feel like I needed to shoot it a bunch to get accustomed to it. It just felt very natural, and it didn‘t feel too light, like some aluminum releases can. I didn’t shoot the release with the hunting bracket, so I can’t comment on that.

We all know there’s multiple ways to get the rotation needed to get a hinge to fire, but I think the UV2 has a design bias towards archers who tend to commit more pressure on their ring finger to create pressure and rotation.

I do know the release is designed to draw so you don’t have to cock your hand acutely forward, and put all the pressure on your index and thumb to prevent it from firing. I know a few reviewers have stated that they can’t get the UV2 set hot enough for their preference, and I believe this is because the UV2 owner and designers all seem to prefer getting their shots to break by pulling through the back wall, keeping a soft hand, but committing more pressure to their ring finger (or relaxing their forearm / hand) until the shot breaks. Anyway, unless you like to set your release very hot, I think you would still be able to adjust the UV2 to where you’d like the shot to break.

Both the fit and finish of the Onnex and UV2 look like a high end release should.

I can say that I could get used to shooting either the Onnex or UV2 pretty easily, but prefer the UV2 - and prefer my current release to either of them.

Lostguy29

FNG
After having the hinge for about 2 weeks now it is super comfortable in your hand but I can’t get used to drawing it without having a ton of travel when shooting like it can’t be hot enough.