OnX and ipone 7

kda082

WKR
Heading to WY later this week, have my spots picked out. downloading maps to my iphone 7 this week. I'm not a tech person, but anyone have an idea approximately how many maps a 32 gig phone can handle? I'm thinking approximately 7-8 sections that I assume I could do with 5 mile map. I'm old so I don't run any twitters or instagrams on my phone, but wasn't sure if downloading a pile of maps will overwhelm it. Thanks

JBrew

Lil-Rokslider
You should be fine, if you aren't using the phone for much else. Go into your settings and check your storage available.

TexasTBag

FNG
Your social media won't take up storage space but pictures, music, movies, etc will. Those high resolution files can take up a lot of room so check your storage and if its low, backup your phone and get rid of stuff you won't need on your hunt.

I also think there is a setting that will get rid of apps that are never used but save the icon so you can download it from the cloud later.

OP
kda082

kda082

WKR
Thanks guys. I downloaded 8 last night without issue. Probably do a couple more before leaving. I completely forgot about checking storage on phone.

bbell

WKR
I have the same phone, I think, and I have 5 on there currently. I would just load them all up now and see. You can always delete them load back up later. Also I do the medium size maps. I think 10 or 15 mile maps. Seems good enough for me. Hope that helps.