OnxMaps Imagery

BaseMap

I like (not love) OnX, but half the battle of not switching is reluctance to learn something new and not lose my points. Basemap - are you guys adding MGRS soon? OnX doesn’t seem to plan to

We offer a way to import all of your information from onX to BaseMap. Please click on the link below. As for MGRS, we do have a layer for MGRS as well as the ability to show UTM info.

RatMe

FNG
I would assume ONX knows their imagery is sub par when compared to other software/apps. Someone will combine similar onX features and imagery and take the cake.

onX marketing department gets the nod also. They have everything on lockdown.

Jebuwh

Lil-Rokslider
I would assume ONX knows their imagery is sub par when compared to other software/apps. Someone will combine similar onX features and imagery and take the cake.

onX marketing department gets the nod also. They have everything on lockdown.

Looks like your prophecy came true. I have been playing with the goHUNT maps all day. 3d, great imagery, it may be replacing my current mapping app!

dcopher

Lil-Rokslider
The goHunt imagery is nowhere near Google Earth or some of the other options. Only thing disappointing about what they offer in my opinion, but maybe it will get better since it is only a beta at the moment.

curlyintn

FNG
therefore absolutely useless for hunters hunting outside cell coverage, i.e most? of the west and mountain areas.
therefore absolutely useless for hunters hunting outside cell coverage, i.e most? of the west and mountain areas.
Looks like your prophecy came true. I have been playing with the goHUNT maps all day. 3d, great imagery, it may be replacing my current mapping app!
[/QUOTE

curlyintn

FNG
Yea i signed up for the 7 day trail. It's a little slow and crashed a few times and i agree the 3d maps are lacking

Yard Candy

Lil-Rokslider
I started with onX but switched over to Gaia. Gaia has customizable layers/overlays, tons of map types, property lines, public land, all kinds of stuff. I found that onX is missing a lot of trails in the woods, pull offs, fire roads, and access points whereas Gaia has them.

Not to mention onX is $30/year for ONE STATE. Gaia is $40/year for everything.

The only thing I miss about onX is all the icons to choose from when you make a waypoint. Since the app is hunting specific having icons for bedding areas, blood trails, or sheds was nice.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
For our offline maps we still have higher resolution imagery than the competition.

Ok, my bad, I had misunderstood it had no offline aerial photography. you are saying it has it, just not GE.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yard Candy

Lil-Rokslider
What does the free version of basemap give you vs the paid version?

BaseMap

Ok, my bad, I had misunderstood it had no offline aerial photography. you are saying it has it, just not GE.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is correct. Google doesn't allow us to use their tiles for offline use. But we do have a different high-res provider for the offline maps. It is higher resolution than the competition.

BaseMap

What does the free version of basemap give you vs the paid version?

The free version shows property boundaries but does not show who owns it or the type of land. You are only allowed 50 markers and one small offline map. There are a lot of other layers and mapping options that you do not get in the basic version.

Yard Candy

Lil-Rokslider
The free version shows property boundaries but does not show who owns it or the type of land. You are only allowed 50 markers and one small offline map. There are a lot of other layers and mapping options that you do not get in the basic version.

Gotcha, thank you. I'm currently using Gaia, $40/yearly and running Google earth map imported. What's your elevator pitch vs that setup?