Open day success!!!

Tourguide

Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 340283Opening day success!!! 2021 mule deer spot n stalk public land. I had a pretty good game plan for this hunt but unfortunately a lot of other people had the same idea as myself. Opening morning I found myself on some blm land that looked like a campground. There were 13 campers and one tent within a mile. I was having none of that. I pulled up stakes and headed out in search of something less crowded. I would look for small sections of blm or state land that was off the beaten path walk in check out any obvious hiding places. If nothing move on to the next chunk. On my second stop which would be my last stop for the day I found this buck up feeding in a small drainage. His dark horns stood out in my binoculars. He was just over 700 yds. I snuck up to 487 on a ridge above him. I waited for a good angle into his vitals and delivered a perfect shot. I was shooting a 300 win mag with 190 gr Berger vld’s. The bullet broke his front shoulder he jumped about 4 ft in the air and dove forward face planting into the ground and not moving again. This is my biggest mule deer to date he has a green score of 173 0/8”. I have walked a lot of miles over the last few years to get the opportunity at a buck like this. Persistence paid off!!!
Nicely done sir!

DeerCatcherUT/CO

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome buck! Good mass and great story it’s never fun to hunt around other people you’re always better off going and doing your own thing you never know what someone else can do to get in your way or blow deer out

ThinkLeicaBuck

Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 340283Opening day success!!! 2021 mule deer spot n stalk public land. I had a pretty good game plan for this hunt but unfortunately a lot of other people had the same idea as myself. Opening morning I found myself on some blm land that looked like a campground. There were 13 campers and one tent within a mile. I was having none of that. I pulled up stakes and headed out in search of something less crowded. I would look for small sections of blm or state land that was off the beaten path walk in check out any obvious hiding places. If nothing move on to the next chunk. On my second stop which would be my last stop for the day I found this buck up feeding in a small drainage. His dark horns stood out in my binoculars. He was just over 700 yds. I snuck up to 487 on a ridge above him. I waited for a good angle into his vitals and delivered a perfect shot. I was shooting a 300 win mag with 190 gr Berger vld’s. The bullet broke his front shoulder he jumped about 4 ft in the air and dove forward face planting into the ground and not moving again. This is my biggest mule deer to date he has a green score of 173 0/8”. I have walked a lot of miles over the last few years to get the opportunity at a buck like this. Persistence paid off!!!
Well done man!!