Opening Day - 5 Years ago today

Hnthrdr

WKR
Did you like the August opener more or do you prefer the Sept 2 start?

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
September and early October is even better, especially when those big browns start their run.

I would love to see an Aug 15th mule deer start date, and keep elk the same as it is now.
Hunting is for all months ending in ‘R’. ;)

September and early October is even better, especially when those big browns start their run.

I would love to see an Aug 15th mule deer start date, and keep elk the same as it is now.
Aug 15 for rifle bear and archery mule deer would be awesome

Hnthrdr

WKR
Aug 15 for rifle bear and archery mule deer would be awesome
I would love to have an august opener for bears, I think it would do a way better job of getting guys to focus on them and thin our ever booming bear population, but those tricky SOB’s that change the law in the 90’s put dates on it, no hunting bears from March-august

Jbehredt

WKR
I would love to have an august opener for bears, I think it would do a way better job of getting guys to focus on them and thin our ever booming bear population, but those tricky SOB’s that change the law in the 90’s put dates on it, no hunting bears from March-august
We need to band together and stop killing bears. Give it some time and they’ll beg us to hunt them in the spring.

Hnthrdr

WKR
We need to band together and stop killing bears. Give it some time and they’ll beg us to hunt them in the spring.
If it was only that easy…. Best way to not see one though is have a tag for one while you are elk hunting, best way to run into a bunch is not to get that add on tag haha

Jbehredt

WKR
If it was only that easy…. Best way to not see one though is have a tag for one while you are elk hunting, best way to run into a bunch is not to get that add on tag haha
Yessir. I don’t get a tag because I enjoy watching bears. It’s like magic.