Opinion on Stone Glacier clothes

If this has been asked before then please forgive me. Just looking for overall opinions on their stuff it looks very good just have never purchased anything. I have KUIU and SKRE and have no complaints with them. Just looking for better insight other than their website. Thanks for any info .

I’m a big fan of SG. They make quality clothing and gear.

I have some kuiu pants and jackets, but prefer SG clothing.

I don't have much, but what I do, is quality. De havilland jacket is a great soft shell and their helio zip off bottoms are great. I liked their merino base layer bottoms as well with regards to feel but they didn't fit.

I have a bit of all the main brands and stone is some of my favorite. Very good quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stone glacier clothing is top notch stuff, its definitely on par with sitka, kuiu etc. Good warranty if needed, and the company itself is a breeze to deal with. I enjoy the fit of their clothing, longer sleeves and long versions available in their pants as well.

I have just about every piece of Stone Glacier clothing. The quality is on par or better than other top brands, but what sold me was the fit. I'm 5'-10" and 160 lbs. Mediums in everything fit perfect. Sitka is too short and too wide in the body. Kuiu is too short as well. Large is too big on me in Sitka and Kuiu.

If what I am looking for is made by stone glacier I buy from them instead of other brands. For example, I wanted a short sleeve merino and without a doubt I bought it from them. I have had pieces of clothing from both kuiu and sitka that I was extremely disappointed with durability wise. For example I had a kuiu super down jacket that got caught on a door hinge on my storage and somehow tore a huge hole. It wasn't even a sharp piece of plastic. Not a single issue with SG clothing so far.

Their customer service by far the best customer service you'll ever find. For some reason my pack had a rod that was bothering me under heavy load. I know that doesn't speak good of their quality but it could have happened to any other pack from another brand. I called them and they said if they couldn't fix it they would absolutely replace it. In less than 2 weeks I had it back and better than ever.

Its high quality material and craftsmanship. Fantastic customer service. Its not cut for people with a butt or thicker legs.

All the above!

I have a pair of De Havilland regular pants and De Havilland Lite. I am wearing a pair of Kuiu Talus Hybrid pants for real late stuff.

The De Havilland pants were great for spring bear this year. Pocket design and the full zip vents work great. I didn't need a belt for the pants.

De Havilland lite for archery elk and anything above 30 degrees.

I have been very pleased with Stone Glacier products. The Helio hoodie is one of my favorite pieces, though the bottoms (not zip-off) fit a little weird. I absolutely love the fit of the DeHavilland Lite pants. I do see more pilling in the knees on the SG pants compared to Sitka Mountain pants, so I am left to believe that the Sitka pants are a little more abrasion resistant.

I also have a Sky 5900 pack with accessories and their bino harness.

Overall, I love their products enough to check them first when I am in the market for new gear.

Back