Opinions on KUHL gear?

Gasman

Lil-Rokslider
Comfort and durability are my primary concerns, and Kuhl Radikl and Revolvr shorts and pants are about all I wear for street clothing.

Some of their pants and shorts have mesh pockets, which I really don't like. The above two have normal cloth pockets, as well as utility pockets for your cell phone, a flashlight, etc.

BFazz

FNG
I picked up a pair of their Radikal pants cheap at a restore, they’re breathable, move well, and held up to brush as well as can be expected for a lighter weight pant. Actually, one of the most comfortable pants I own.

Find myself reaching for the Kuhl pants over Sitka or First lite more often than not.

apnea

FNG
The pieces I have are well made and the fit/cut is very good for I guess what I’d call active casual clothing. Perfect for knocking around. Not the cheapest but I think the durability will pan out in the long run. I’ve got an Arcteryx fleece I’ve been wearing for ten years and no signs of wearing out, I expect the Kuhl stuff will hold up for years to come.

Gasman

Lil-Rokslider
In my experience, the Kuhl pants have held up every bit as well as Carhartt blue jeans.

I'm not sure about the "dad" comments, as they were originally designed for active folks who like to hike, etc., so things like freedom of movement and breathability seem to be inherent in their designs.

gelton

WKR
I have a couple of pairs of Kuhl renegade pants and shorts. They tend to run a bit small in the waist but other than that, no complaints.

A little loud for hunting (at least the renegades are) when compared to prana zions which is what I would consider a competitor to the renegades from a hunting perspective where mainstream brands are concerned.

TMK

FNG
I have the RADIKL & RENEGADE & I like both. Lightweight, breathable, durable. The snap on the renegade has failed once. But covered under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22lr

WKR
I really like Kuhl pants. I have "the law" "renogade" "revolvr" amd one other that I dont remember. My only complaint is pay attention to the cut, plumbers crack can occur with only mild bending on some of the cuts if your not the type that tucks your shirt in all the time. I've put "the law" pants through the ringer, and while not super flexible, they make bomb proof work pants!

tlkaetz

WKR
Kuhl Renegades pants are my favorite hiking/hunting pants. The Kuhl Radikals are my favorite for daily wear.

SpookySpectre308

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of Revolver pants that I have beat on like they owe me money. After two years of constant abuse, the only wear is the cuff that will get under my shoe when I'm wearing them casually. If I only wore boots they would look like new. I also have a wildly overpriced sweater from them I live in. Besides price, they are good to go.

Ive got a lot of their stuff but the pieces I have I consider more casual and not necessarily performance rated. I do have one "fake" Merino wool looking pieces I wear hunting and one performance shirt that I don't hesitate to wear for hunting or mountain biking. Really like their stuff for work. My wife finds pcs used occasionally on used clothing sites and picks them up. I pretty much wear the pants to work every day along with my Prana Zions.

Picture taken at the Boulder Municipal Airport Friday. Prana Zions and Kuhl Jacket. Im the guy on the right.

Attachments

• Brian and Dave.jpg
    Brian and Dave.jpg
    481.2 KB · Views: 32

nnmarcher

Lil-Rokslider
I purchased the Impakt jacket for casual wear and it's awesome. I am 6' 190lbs in a Large and it fits really well. Good enough water resistance to move between buildings/vehicles in the rain and warm enough to wear over a long sleeve while the car warms up on my commute.

I don't think I'd consider it for outdoor adventures really.

JLeMieux

Lil-Rokslider
I have put my Revolvrs through the wringer. I just picked up a second pair. I also have the Renegades (I think) they are noisier and narrower in the leg but have also held up well. The Revolvrs are my go to outside work, scouting, and sometimes hunting pants.