Opportunity to move to Las Vegas

Ben

WKR
My employer is giving me the option to transfer from Stockton to Las Vegas. I was wondering if any of you could weigh in on the hunting and fly fishing aspects of NV along with the non resident opportunities in UT and AZ. Also, does anyone know what are the more desirable areas or the places to stay away from as far as housing goes? I have a limited amount of time to decide and have never been to the area

Thanks in advance!
Ben

Zbot

WKR
Shoot me a text, I have lived here for about 8 years now.

Check your PMs.

Slim Jim

WKR
NV has great hunting! I was born and raised here. Tags aren't very easy to come by though unless you archery hunt (cow elk and mule deer opportunities almost every year). UT you can hunt general deer on average about every 2 or 3 years. AZ you can hunt every year on an OTC archery deer tag with at least 2 opportunities during the same year (early and late season if not successful). Drawing a NR bull elk in AZ takes about as long as drawing a resident bull tag in NV. Now I'm a bow hunter so if you are a rifle hunter all of what I just stated completely changes but not much.
If you move here, the 2 most desirable places to live is Summerlin and the Anthem area. If those areas are to expensive I would try and live as close as possible to them. I hope this info helps you out a little.

OP
B

Ben

WKR
Very helpful information! I'll be working not far from the I15 Craig road/573 why exit. I'm about to pull up Summerlin and anthem area up on Zillow now.

I actually am a bow hunter so a cow elk and mule deer a year sound great! One of my few housing requirements is a lot large enough to shoot my bow and boil skulls.

Thanks again!