Any Las Vegas Area Residents?

I'm in the midst of a career change, and Las Vegas keeps coming up as a potential place for the SO and I to relocate to some time next year (currently reside in CO). Vegas is a major center for my new employer so it's high on the list of consideration. SO works in HR so that is, I assume, a field you can find employment in pretty easily (up to her of course).

I'm curious about the area for a lot of reasons, but I'm posting this on the boards here specifically to get a feel for hunting opportunities in the state, and the 2A community at large (local shooting clubs, USPSA and PRS competition, etc).

Any input and general info are greatly appreciated.

BFR

WKR
Not a NV resident but from what I’ve heard big game is a crap shoot getting drawn, birds and small game is available if you know where to look. As for organized shooting, it’s there with a very nice range on the north side and numerous indoor shooting locations too.

I live in Vegas.

Desert Sportsman is a really nice private shooting club by Redrock, and the public Clark County Shooting Complex at the North edge of Decatur is pretty cool. Both have rifle/pistol/shotgun and archery areas.

I just got into big game hunting for the first time this year, I was able to get both a Horns Longer than Ears Antelope any legal weapon tag, and an antlered Mule Deer muzzleloader tag recently through the First Come First Serve program.

unfortunately, the best hunting areas, at least that I know about so far, are in the central and northern parts of the state, so you’ll be doing a lot of driving if you move to Vegas and want to hunt a lot.

TaperPin

WKR
I’ve lived on the front range of Colorado and now live in northern NV - the biggest adjustment issue you’re going to run into down in Vegas is the heat. For much of the year it affects everything you do outside. Big game hunting is limited and quite competitive.

MTtrout

WKR
As a visitor there twice it’s hard to imagine living there but just like every tourist town there’s local folks and neighborhoods. I’ve never spent a dollar on the gambling and had a good time. I’ve always told myself every time I’ve moved that’s its on me if I don’t find what is important to me and explore what is there. Good luck on your decision

BrBa

Lil-Rokslider
It's only hot in Vegas maybe 3-4 months out of the year from June to September. The rest of the year you can't beat it with a stick. Big game tags have been scarce the last couple years due to drought conditions. Hoping this coming year will be much better.