Scope my Rifle? (yes.. another which scope thread)

All,
Officially in analysis paralysis. I need to get a good scope on this gun. Custom build 7PRC on a Kelblys Atlas, 21" Carbon 6, Peak 44 bastion.

My budget is probably $2,200 on down. My priorities are reliability/repeatability, weight, mag range 10 min, FFP/SFP (haven't decided), capped windage, price in that order. I'd prefer an illuminated reticle but not necessary.

Optics I've been looking at are the Nightforce NX8 (concerned it's too heavy), Nightofrce NSX 2-12 (concerned it's too short), Trijicon Credo HX/Tenmile HX and the Leica Amplus 6.

What would you put on it? Don't mind the cluttered bench...20231221_214900.jpg

Add the maven rs1.2 to the list and check out the rifle scope field evaluations thread. I’m sure you will get some more helpful replies. In FFP, reticles that are usable at low magnification are not very common. The maven checks all your boxes IMO, and it has a good reticle.

Redrice

FNG
Leica clarity and edge definition is superb. Reticle is an important factor and an individual preference so might sway one user from another. At a lesser price is the Vortex Razor HD LHT which impressed me on a friends rifle and will soon end up on one of mine too

OP
Biggern'yurs
Yeah I agree on Leica. It might be a front runner for size weight and durability. I'm a bit wary of vortex as I've heard some issues with tracking.

I started off with a Mark 5HD on my 7PRC and wasn’t happy with the weight. Moved to an NXS 2.5-10 MOAR and have been happy with it so far. Rifle seems to handle much better with the reduced weight.

OP
Biggern'yurs
I started off with a Mark 5HD on my 7PRC and wasn’t happy with the weight. Moved to an NXS 2.5-10 MOAR and have been happy with it so far. Rifle seems to handle much better with the reduced weight.
Any issues with mounting length? I do like the simplicity and dependability of that optic. And at only 20oz.

Any issues with mounting length? I do like the simplicity and dependability of that optic. And at only 20oz.
Not for me. I used Hawkins Mediums and was able to get it far back enough. I could see some folks maybe needing the highs though if they really needed to scrunch in on the rifle.

IMG_1054.jpeg
Here’s how far back I got mine. I’m almost touching the rail on the front end.

Antares

WKR
I cut the front of my rails off to get the clearance I need for 2.5-10. It’s my favorite hunting scope currently. I have two.

IMG_1359.jpeg

I was looking at SFP scopes with wide FOV for hunting. The crosshairs are a bugger on my FFP scopes at minimum, even with illumination.