Optics Planet - just run!

Squatch89

FNG
Wanted to share my experience with this company. Order a Christmas Gift Black Friday- 3 weeks ago. Order never shipped. Called multiple times- they will not answer phones. Emailed 3 times for shipping confirmation and have only had one “canned” response. Will never do business with them again. Worst customer service I’ve seen via a retailer. So I found out they don’t carry any inventory so you wait, and wait some more. My advice- find a more reputable retailer for your optics purchases!!!

Q child

WKR
Haha. You are not the first person I have seen make a post on this. Yeah, I also have had bad experiences with them, and quit giving them my business.

You can also add me to the list of the same crappy experience with Optics Planet. i waited for over 3 weeks for a scope mount to ship. After not getting any requested updates on the status I canceled my order. About 10 days after I canceled my order they shipped the scope mount anyway and still charged my CC. I notified Optics Planet that I had canceled the order and already purchased the same item from a different vendor and had received it.

They replied that I would be charged a restocking fee to return the item...for the order that I canceled 10 days prior to it shipping. I sent them multiple emails explaining that I canceled this order and they shipped it anyway as well as how messed up their business model is and the crappy customer experience I had. They eventually told me to keep the mount and refunded my CC.

I had a buddy that had the same fiasco that I had but his was with a much larger order than my $60 scope mount.

I‘ll never do business with them again.

Last edited:
They are trash. Won’t waste my time but they will never get a dollar from me again.
FYI. Campsaver is the same company.

Bater

WKR
I’ve had a CA Slayer brake on order through them for over 3 weeks now, hope I don’t have the same issues as above.

fwafwow

WKR
Any updates on Optics Planet? I've read some of these posts about bad experiences, but has the company done better lately?

D

DanM

Not good.....Was getting ready to review a potential purchase. Will look other places based on this feedback. Thanks all...

fwafwow

WKR
I was so close to pulling the trigger on two items, but decided the savings weren’t worth the potential for a bad interaction.

I typically haven't had problems with Optics Planet if the item is listed as in stock but I did have a recent issue with Dvor, their sister company. I bought a Hiperfire Eclipse trigger from them and a cheaper trigger was in the packaging. I called Hiperfire and they thought the packaging was manipulated (usually the packaging is secured with two staples but there was only one with my mine) and someone returned the package with a cheaper trigger to Optics Planet. I contacted customer service and they ended up refunding me, minus the $10 shipping fee. At least they RMA'd the other trigger.

manitou1

WKR
I have had good luck with both Optics Planet and DVOR... but have never had to use the customer service.
Lucky I suppose.

Any updates on Optics Planet? I've read some of these posts about bad experiences, but has the company done better lately?
I’ve placed two orders with them and used their customer service (within the last 3-4 weeks). Both were excellent. I was advised to make sure the product was in stock vs back order prior to placing the order.

Last edited:

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
Bought a $1k scope during black friday sales. It was delivered fast without drama.
It was listed as in-stock

Brooks

WKR
If I’m looking online for something and Optics Planet shows up I just keep scrolling. I don’t even look at their price.

cobrad

FNG
I’ve ordered from them twice. BS company. Nothing ever shipped. They represented items in stock but after waiting and waiting and trying to he hold of someone I finally got an email saying it was back ordered with no ETA. Refunded my card. Twice.

sveltri

WKR
I ordered a die from them a couple weeks ago. They increased the price and automatically charged me more with no authorization. Cost increased $7, not a huge deal but kinda pissed me off. The die did show up fairly quickly.