Optilock rings for Tikka

Northof51

FNG
I’m sure it’s been mentioned before but I’m wondering about the Optilock dovetail rings for my Tikkas when they’re on sale?
I’ve been waiting for Sportsmatch’s to be back in stock for quite a while and am in Canada so not sure how that works with UM rings.
Are the optilocks similar quality?

OP
N

Northof51

FNG
Thanks for the reply, I’ll probably just stick with the Talley’s I have and wait for the SM.

JGRaider

WKR
Yes the single screw and so many of them seem to just be configured strangely.

Couldn't be further from the truth. Optilocks are very tough and reliable. I've had mine mounted on a Tikka 695 for 25 years, taken it to Africa 6 times, Mexico a couple, and lots of places here. They've never given me a problem of any kind. They are miles ahead of any Talley made.

OP
N

Northof51

FNG
Couldn't be further from the truth. Optilocks are very tough and reliable. I've had mine mounted on a Tikka 695 for 25 years, taken it to Africa 6 times, Mexico a couple, and lots of places here. They've never given me a problem of any kind. They are miles ahead of any Talley made.
I can’t find many specs or pictures of them, but do they have recoil pins? I definitely want something different than my current setup.

OP
N

Northof51

FNG
I would really like to get the UM rings but I have a suspicion they’re ‘prohibited’ here.😡
I’ll have to email them tomorrow and see

JGRaider

WKR
I can’t find many specs or pictures of them, but do they have recoil pins? I definitely want something different than my current setup.
Yes, they have a recoil pin. I remember buying the 695 Tikka in 7mag in 1998. I paid $460 for it, stainless/synthetic, and it came with Optilocks for free.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
See if Bushwear can ship to CA. I got my Sportsmatch through them.

Well, I entered the address for Walmart in White Horse and it said the item cannot be shipped, so I think you are out of luck. Sorry.

I was not impressed with Optilocks on my Sako 85. Nothing really wrong with them, just heavy and more parts than are needed.

OP
N

Northof51

FNG
Yep, I guess being part of the monarchy still won’t get you scope rings and suppressors!

OP
N

Northof51

FNG
I emailed Unknown Munitions and they’ve already responded that they ship to Canada once the rings are in stock again…problem solved.

OP
N

Northof51

FNG
I emailed Unknown Munitions and they’ve already responded that they ship to Canada once the rings are in stock again…problem solved