Ordered from Kuiu.com - received used gear?

Placed my first order from Kuiu and received the attack pants and guide softshell today. Neither came with any tags and there was a few pieces of grass and hair on the pants. Is it normal to not have tags? Did I really receive used gear?

Doesn’t have tags, comes in plastic bags folded nicely. I don’t see how grass and hair could get into that, they aren’t in the business of selling used gear. Did you call CS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Idaho_Sasquatch
Haven't yet. Might call in the morning. Gear seems to be in good condition otherwise, might have just been an exchange of theirs with poor QA. Glad to hear the no tags is normal.

4dcfries

FNG
having purchased a ton of stuff from Kuiu I can assure you that tags and being bagged is the only way I have ever received gear from them. CS will make it right, always have for me.

Rock-o

WKR
Everything I have ever purchased, all recent, was clean, folded neatly, smelled new, tagged, and bagged.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some stuff had tags, usually to denote the insulation type, membrane, primaflex yarn, etc. my guide jacket didn’t come with tags, pretty sure the attacks didn’t.

MajorAR

Lil-Rokslider
Never had grass in my gear from KUIU. Some had tags, some didn't.

Florida Bow Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Grass and hair ???

Maybe a California hippie with long hair was packaging it up, was mid packaging and decided to lite up a toke of that California medicinal ganja, accidentally igniting his or her long hair. While dying it out and pulling and patting of the hair, some of the ganja and hair fell in the bag ?

Poor hippies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would call them or email them.

I had one bad CS experience with them but they were responsive on all other times I have needed to do returns.

I guess there is a chance they sent you some items that had been returned but it seems like poor form to have them send you something without tags and with debris.

cjl32

Lil-Rokslider
I've bought quite a bit of Kuiu gear and have never received a single item that didn't have original packaging and tags attached. See their return policy below that clearly states it must have original tags attached for a return. Last sentence even mentions no hair.

RETURN POLICY
We believe in providing our customers with the highest-quality product and want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. If you are not completely satisfied, you may return your item(s) within 60 days of the purchase date for a refund if the item(s) is/are unworn and clean with original tags attached. Returns containing pet hair, stains, or odors cannot be accepted.

Hair? Ewe gross...

I’ve spent an embarrassing amount of money on Kuiu gear and I’ve always received items brand new, with tags and no hair lol

jester87

Lil-Rokslider
Not all of their items have tags. Wish they would since it would help prevent wear and return issues. The last several orders I’ve placed have arrived in white poly shipping bags instead of a box. Idk, you’d think several hundred dollars worth of stuff would at least get a box vs a bag. Most items are nicely folded, tape sealed in brand new plastic bags. Others you can tell were returns, not folded the same, beat up bags and re-taped or not at all. Never anything soiled or damaged though. I did get three peloton 200s and one had no tag. I read through the reviews on their site and a few have mentioned finding napkins in pockets and other signs of use. So yes, I guess stuff slips past their returns dept.