Oregon ballot initiative

gabenzeke

WKR
Just saw a story about a ballot initiative in Oregon to ban hunting, fishing, trapping, and ranching. Really hope if this garbage passes that all other states refuse to send meat to oregon.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
If true, act now. Start rallying the troops, contact Howlforwildlife.org, contact your state hunting orgs, contact sporting good stores, etc., etc., and become proactive and not reactive. I'd even contact the Born and Raised guys since their home base is OR, IIRC.

TJ

WKR
Just saw a story about a ballot initiative in Oregon to ban hunting, fishing, trapping, and ranching. Really hope if this garbage passes that all other states refuse to send meat to oregon.

Do you have a reliable source?

TJ

WKR

I see you have the internet. Try googling.

Well I thought if it was true you could prove it.
Otherwise it’s just more bullshit.

OP
G

gabenzeke

WKR
Well I thought if it was true you could prove it.
Otherwise it’s just more bullshit.
Here's the thing, some people (in my experience) like to play this game where they've deemed themselves the arbiter of truth. Rather than play that game, I don't engage. I'm not going to waste my time arguing with someone about the reliability of various sources. You can choose the route of willful ignorance if you like. No skin off my back. But a Google search will give you a number of sources. Since you're on rokslide, perhaps rmef is a source you will trust. They have a recent article on it. But yeah, I'm sure all these stories are bs as you put it.

Last edited:

hunterjmj

WKR
I'm not going to try and source it because anything coming out of Oregon would not surprise me. I posted a while back my trip to Portland and the 3rd world city it is. Groups are trying to ban trapping everywhere and have been very successful in many states. A little here a little there and before you know it they're taking away what what we thought impossible 20 years ago.

It's posted on the Oregon Secretary of State site. Needs 120,413 signatures to make it to the 2024 ballot.

What's concerning about this isn't that I believe there's a chance it will pass, it's the messaging and half truths that the signature gatherer's will spread and potentially turn a few of the indifferent masses into anti-hunters.

CJ19

WKR

try try try again if at first you dont succeed.

NWVeteran

FNG
Ban hunting, fishing and trapping on one hand and legalize meth, heroine, and fentanyl on the other. Sounds par for course for Oregon.

Yeah, they've been trying to get that on the ballot for a while. Oregon would be such an amazing place if it wasn't full of so many retards.

Nail on the head here. Similar to Washington state. One tiny area, packed with people who love to smell their own farts, completely ruin the entire state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk