Oryx

Anyone do an Oryx hunt ?
My wife won't eat it, because she says the missile range is radioactive... which it is.
The Oryx were released after the bomb, but they live in a radioactive area. One has to wonder....

Several of my family has killed and eaten them. We loved the meat! If she don’t like it, I know someone who can take it off your hands. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eyeguy

Lil-Rokslider
Killed one on wsmr 10 years back and we still talk about how good that meat was!

Pro953

WKR
Interesting. It would have never crossed my mind. I wonder what it measures at vs exposure from a x-ray or other low exposures like air travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You take the horns and i’ll Take the radioactive meat.

I’d not let infallible female logic hinder ya from harvesting and eating the second best meat on the planet.

Bowhunted them (Gemsbok) in South Africa once. Didn't get one but saw a lot of them...smarter than the bowhunter. Beautiful animal that is for sure, and one I would love to hunt again...NM or Africa.

WSMR isn't the trinity site... unit 34 is even closer to the site so all them elk and muleys must be mutants! lol
Trinity site is definitely contained within WSMR. On my brothers hunt a couple years ago we walked right up to the fence around the Trinity site. Somebody said they open it once a year for visitors. Saw Oryx within a couple hundred yards of the site, and my brother killed his within a mile or two of the site.

jspradley

WKR
Trinity site is definitely contained within WSMR. On my brothers hunt a couple years ago we walked right up to the fence around the Trinity site. Somebody said they open it once a year for visitors. Saw Oryx within a couple hundred yards of the site, and my brother killed his within a mile or two of the site.

You're right! I'm thinking about the monument, not the range.

I ain't no mapologist! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

jeffpg

WKR
I drew the Stallion Range on White Sands back in about 2011 I think it was. Had a good hunt & got a nice cow. The meat was great and she made a beautiful pedestal mount.

Little did I know that I would transfer to Africa with my work the following year. I had never really planned to hunt Africa, but what with the free travel and having 4 weeks off on a 28/28 rotation, I did multiple safaris over the next few years and shot a pile of gemsbok (oryx) and over 100 animals total.

I recommend doing the hunt if you're at all adventurous. It was a fun time.

I drew the Stallion Range on White Sands back in about 2011 I think it was. Had a good hunt & got a nice cow. The meat was great and she made a beautiful pedestal mount.

Little did I know that I would transfer to Africa with my work the following year. I had never really planned to hunt Africa, but what with the free travel and having 4 weeks off on a 28/28 rotation, I did multiple safaris over the next few years and shot a pile of gemsbok (oryx) and over 100 animals total.

I recommend doing the hunt if you're at all adventurous. It was a fun time.

Cool.

My pusher did a job in Mozambique and he said it was full on. Hippo’s walking on location and whatnot.

Where were you at?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

They do open it once a year.