Outfitter Questions

Redman45

FNG
I am looking at booking a 24 caribou outfitted hunt. I search on here all the time but now I wanted to know about a few specific outfitters that I cannot find anything on here. First, and did see a thread on this one but no information, Double Shovel Outfitters. One guy seemed to have information but private messaged the OP. I also found Alaska Arctic Adventures. No information on them too. Basically I need recommendations for a good guided hunt for 4-6 people for OTC tags.

OP
R

Redman45

FNG
Call the outfitters and get a list of their references.
They only send me good references. I would like to know what people on here know or have experienced. I am not concerned with costs. I want to be successful. Not sure if that helps with outfitter suggestions.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
contact Double Shovel and place your investment. They have a great area, reputable service and is not overcrowded, plus if you're looking for the "Alaska experience" you'll get it.

OP
R

Redman45

FNG
contact Double Shovel and place your investment. They have a great area, reputable service and is not overcrowded, plus if you're looking for the "Alaska experience" you'll get it.
Have you or someone you know been with them.

VernAK

WKR
Do yourself a huge favor, and check out Larry's website (Pristine Ventures). He has helped more hunters than we can count to have a legit AK wilderness experience. If he has good words to say about an AK outfit, that would be good enough for me.
^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

I know Larry and have met his clients in the bush. They were often skeptical as to what they were in for but they had very satisfactory results.

I do think he is booked for a year or two......maybe three!

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I haven't needed to work with Double Shovel but I know a hand full of guides and pilots who I respect and admire who have trusted Charley's ethics and performance enough to retire their guide use area to him, been helped in some way by Charley in the field, known his family for many years when Charley was a dink, witnessed his bush skills etc.. The only thing Double Shovel hasn't proven is time as a guide/outfitter....this takes decades IMO. Give him that time and he'll be a staple guide persona in the southern Brooks Range.

The nice thing about his area is that generally he hunts parts of the GMU that doesn't get the pressure as it does upstream where DIYers seem to go. Small outfit, quality service, low-impact hunting experience. What's not to trust?

Gingerman

Lil-Rokslider
In the lower 48 I would want it to be private land. I would also like to hunt with the guide I communicated with over the course of the year in preparation. I would also like for there to not be 9 other hunters scheduled the same time, with some of those hunters getting preferential treatment because they are regular clients...

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
In the lower 48 I would want it to be private land. I would also like to hunt with the guide I communicated with over the course of the year in preparation. I would also like for there to not be 9 other hunters scheduled the same time, with some of those hunters getting preferential treatment because they are regular clients...
Where in the lower 48 you going?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk