Outfitter recommendations

We are four Finnish guys planning a Goat + Black Bear combo hunt for Fall 2020. I live in WA/US and the three other guys in Finland. Finding a reputable outfitter that supports the type of hunt we are looking for doesn't seem to be straightforward and thus wanted to ask for recommendations. Here's what we are looking for:

• Mountain Goat as the main species. Opportunity to hunt Black Bear after Mountain Goat done.
  • Adventure hunt primarily. Back-country and the rugged places where Goats live are interesting. Good hair is second priority, however we don't want to do a winter hunt. Horn size is lowest priority.
  • Weapon: Rifle. I'm personally a passionate bow-hunter and might choose to stalk Black Bear with bow.
  • 2x1 client/guide ratio, i.e. we would need two guides. Would like to hunt from the same camp.
  • We have been inclining towards BC but would be open towards Alaska options as well. Draw units are not feasible except if odds are 100%.
  • Outfitter cost preferably around $10k ball bark (assuming 2x1 and Black Bear included).

Based on preliminary research it seems that most outfitters are doing 1x1 hunts. We did find this outfitter that offers 2x1 Goat hunt (Black Bear + Wolf included) with $11k - which is in the upper end of our scale:

Hunt Prices | Big Game Hunting Rates at Stone Mountain Safaris in BC Canada

All recommendations/pointers are welcome - thanks in advance!!

OFFHNTN

WKR
I went with Elk Valley Bighorn Outfitters. I highly recommend them. It would be an easy drive for you as they are just north of Cranbrook in southern BC. I have also heard good things about Lonesome Dove as well, but have no first hand experience. Good luck!

KHNC

WKR
Stone Sheep | Big Game Hunting BC | Horseback Hunts at Stone Mountain Safaris in BC Canada is an outstanding place. I have not personally been, but a friend has guided for them for many years. May be just a bit over your price range, but 2-1 guide is 11k for 10 day hunt. I would give them a call to negotiate. With a group, you may be able to work something out. A dream hunt for most people.

SORRY, just realized you already linked this place. Cant go wrong here !

Kotaman

WKR
Babine Guides and Outfitters in BC checks off most of those items on your list. I've hunted with them a few times and have nothing but good to say about them.

OP
S
Thank you for the great recommendations! I was able to have a chat with Stone Mountain Safaris - feels like a solid option. The other's didn't respond yet. I will keep you posted!

norsepeak

Lil-Rokslider
Copper River Outfitters, Jim Lancaster. Excellent outfitter and fantastic hunting area with world class genetics.

sniper61

Lil-Rokslider
i second brown bears choice lonesome dove ,i loved it. Hunts are at 3,000 ft elevation.

OP
S
Quick update. We ended up making reservation with Stone Mountain Safaris. All recommendations where really good but at the end Safaris gave the best total package. Our hunt will be at the end of September 2020. I'll post here how everything went once the hunt is finished. Thanks for all the help!!

Bruce Culberson

Lil-Rokslider
Guess I'm late to the party to throw in my 2 bits! LOL

Have a great hunt and please post up a hunt report!