Owners of a Polaris Sportsman 570

tdhanses

WKR
Make sure you take a look at the oil filter location. I had an '11 Sportsman 550 and the oil filter was the only thing underneath not protected by a skid plate. Packing out a bull and a fat hunting companion up a rocky hillside, I unknowingly punched a rock through the oil filter and ran it out of oil. Oopsie
On the 570 it’s really well protected, have to be careful you don’t burn your arm since it’s tucked up by the exhaust header by the front.

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
I have a '19 570. bought it used about a year ago. Only had 40 miles on it. Really like it so far. Haven't used it a ton. Mostly for riding around and for waterfowl hunting, hauling deke trailer in wet fields etc. The battery on it started getting weak this winter so I replaced it. It was a chore just getting to it and getting it out. Not under the seat anymore. Seems like that is how all companies get your business now days. Make it hard to repair yourself.
I agree. I had to remove the battery to get the front prop shaft out.
There is an after market mod that places the battery on the frame above the rear tire. I also saw Polaris has now placed the battery in the front storage box.

Huntin Fool

Lil-Rokslider
I agree. I had to remove the battery to get the front prop shaft out.
There is an after market mod that places the battery on the frame above the rear tire. I also saw Polaris has now placed the battery in the front storage box.
The new location is much better, but I think most people make the old location out to be worse than it is.

mtnlomo

FNG
My grandpa’s Polaris took two dives off the trailer on the highway, once over a steep embankment and the other time drug behind the trailer until the handle bars burned red hot. Despite all this the darn thing runs like a champ, goes anywhere we point it, taking us out and back into some nasty places and has done so a few times with a whole elk put on it. His is a few years older than a 17’.

We have always had Polaris’ and have always had good luck with them, despite the beatings they have received. My personal one I was sad to get rid of, I took good care of her and she never failed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk