Pa Deep forest hunters

sstwrt226

FNG
If you think ticks in PA are bad wait until you have your first run in with Deer Keds. Ran into them for the first time 3 miles back into game lands near a swamp. They carry lymes disease and they can fly.

Nkustan

FNG
I had a tick buried in my armpit last year and ended up with a rash. Took doxy for 30days. Went for a trail run this weekend had one in me at my waistline when I got home two more crawling on me. I’ve had several in me hunting up Tioga and Lycoming counties and more then I care to count from Schuylkill county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I mainly hunt Schuylkill County and this past year I had them all over me every single time I hunted.

elkyinzer

WKR
If you think ticks in PA are bad wait until you have your first run in with Deer Keds. Ran into them for the first time 3 miles back into game lands near a swamp. They carry lymes disease and they can fly.
Yeah they are fun. They can be pretty heavy when it's warm out in bow season but seem to disappear when the temps drop below 50 or so.

Not an expert by any means but my understanding is they can hypothetically transmit lyme but haven't been shown to because they don't stay attached like ticks do.

But the bites suck, at least for me, I get itchy welts that last about 3 months.

So now I know what those annoying flies are. As best I can remember fall of 2020 was the first I had experience with them. They drove me half insane walking to my stand one warm afternoon.

FeHunter

FNG
Working outside in different parts of the state I found them to be both in the northern and southern portions of the state. Had Lyme two years ago, not sure if it was from a bite while hunting or fishing or from working.
When hunting and fishing I try to wear long sleeves and pants and tuck clothes in but they them ticks are sneaky.