pa tac

btk019

FNG
heading to tac in seven springs, it will be my first time. Just looking for some info on what to expect and maybe some pointers on what to bring

I haven't ever shot tac, but shooting World's there a few times, bring your wallet. Only places to eat anywhere close was at the resort. Seemed like it was 1/2 hr to get into town.

So I'd pack food and drinks.

Zak406

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't ever shot tac, but shooting World's there a few times, bring your wallet. Only places to eat anywhere close was at the resort. Seemed like it was 1/2 hr to get into town.

So I'd pack food and drinks.
This is partially true. There is an Amish market 20 mins up the road that makes fresh made hoagies. It’s called moo echo

Bring a shooter stool to sit on and water and snacks. If your nock time is later in the day you will be waiting at targets.

ncavi8tor

WKR
I will be at TAC PA too. It is my second time there. Great event! Can be pretty crowded at the targets depending on your nock times. Food at the resort is so-so and expensive. This year we are staying at the resort so I'm looking forward to not giving up my parking spot every day!

I brought a backpack last time, but that wasn't needed at all! My Kifaru field quiver holds everything I need, a Nalgene with water/electrolytes, a couple protein bars, chapstick, and bug spray(non-deet). Have rain gear available just in case!

I sprayed my pants with Permithrine before the event because ticks are possible!

Some of the courses require some steep hiking so wear your favorite hiking boots! And it will get muddy and slippery if it rains.

Lots of vendors there so get ready to spend a few bucks on gear. There will be a few deals!

Have fun! It's a great time for us like-minded hunters!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I will also be attending TAC for my first attempt this year.

Bringing a fanny pack/hip pack hoping that will be sufficient. Or I may just rely on my bino pack with an extra side pouch.

I'm shooting Thursday AM 1 day only, but expect to get 2 courses in hopefully!

While not 7 springs we just finished Broken Bow for the 2nd time.

1. Early nock times rule....less than three hours for us to finish most courses. We did Sitka as an add on on Friday in the afternoon and it took almost 6 hours. We finished right at dusk.
2. I go packless and just use a hip quiver (Kuiu in my case) with a water bottle. Mine has a small fanny pack like pouch that I can keep a light rain jacket in and some snacks.
3. Good footwear. Doesn't have to be Crispi's or the like, but good ankle protection is nice. Apparently someone broke their ankle this past weekend. That Said, I did Sitka in my Salomon trail runners.
4. Be prepared to meet like minded folks who love to BS and shoot!
5. Bring your CC (or not) for the mountain festival. Good deals can be had on items.
6. Some vendors will let you check out binoculars and range finders to try out.
7. Don't stress about wait times at targets. Good time to chat with other folks.

If you're truck shopping, you'll probably find what you're looking for in the parking lot. Every make and model you can shake and arrow at. I call it TAC Truck-A-Thon

Bring a camelbak or a couple Nalgenes. I burned through 1/2 gallon water about 3/4 way through. Snacks are user dependent. I don't bring any