Pack maintenance and a K3 question

11boo

WKR
Perfect time to wash them out and do a good inspect. Both mine had some wear/loose stitches, EXO and Kuiu stood behind their products. I told the EXO rep this was just normal wear and would pay , nope.
IMG_8014.jpegIMG_8012.jpeg

New shoulder straps and lumbar part.

The kuiu lumbar part has been failing but glue held up for last season, they sent a new belt. The frame pocket is just part of the belt on Kuiu . I really like this pack .

IMG_7949.jpeg
IMG_8028.jpeg

figured out a trick for dealing with the K3 Velcro too. Just a couple pieces of paper let it slide in easy.

IMG_8017.jpeg

My question, this creak on the K3 is driving me nuts. It’s from the nylon/frame interface.
Tried wax on the frame. Nope. Tape next. Nope. Called EXO and they recommend cleaning the nylon and it is from dust collecting in there. Washed and waiting to dry. Got a feeling that’s not it, is there a better solution if that doesn’t work?

Last edited:
OP
11boo

11boo

WKR
Washing that may have done it. I’m not loading up for a test in 100 degrees tho.

A lot of my first aid stuff was looking bad/old. Boo-boo kit is always getting checked, this is what needed replaced.

IMG_8023.jpeg

OP
11boo

11boo

WKR
Figures. I only washed off the top flaps. Hosed the whole thing out a week ago, but it looks like I’ll be stripping it off frame to clean those frame tubes.

good training, first time tearing into the k3. Just got that used.

I had a gut pile lol.

IMG_8031.jpeg

The k3 waist straps are gtg, just swapped M for L.

OP
11boo

11boo

WKR
Full tear down after this morning’s hike. Still had some creaking. Completely clean now and drying.

IMG_8035.jpeg
IMG_8038.jpeg
waxed the frame anyway.

IMG_8041.jpeg

OP
11boo

11boo

WKR
That was a b itch. Seems to have done the trick, but I gotta throw a load in it tomorrow and confirm. IMG_8045.jpegIMG_8043.jpeg

Wife bought me a new blade. She peeped on my Amazon list.
Seems like a good little knife and the handle fits me well.
Zip tied it behind the bino case.

Update, put 30 lbs in and did a hike. No noise! Must’ve been dirt/dust in the frame tube. I just ran the hose thru each one and washed everything.

Exactly what EXO said to do, wash it out.

IMG_8048.jpeg

Last edited: