Paleo book recomendation

chas

Lil-Rokslider
I just read the Paleo/Primal backcountry meals thread. Then went to amazon and looked at some books on the subject. Seemed like a lot of yuppy/trendy authors that have never processed any type of wild game. Any book recommendations?

Thanks

Last edited:

D_Eightch

WKR
You looking for a paleo based cookbook or what is the goal here?

Only thing I have found for paleo meals with wild game is just substituting my game/fish for the meat in the menu...

Ray

WKR
cook book or diet/lifestyle book? Can't tell from your post what you are asking about.

Paleo eating has nothing to do with processing wild game or cooking it. The "caveman" thing messes up people's concept of it a lot. Paleo eating is primarily a method of consuming food to resolve a whole host of health issues exacerbated by the Standard American Diet recommendations pushed by the FDA/USDA.

Because of a variety of issues with paleo marketing many people that support low carb/high fat lifestyle, and are worth following, have dropped the word paleo from their vocabulary.

Basic books for cooking are any of the Everyday Paleo books. First one will give a basic primer on what the paleo lifestyle is about. The Wild Diet by Able James (Fat Burning Man) is a good cook book.

Fundamental info on the lifestyle can be found in Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson. Also check out his blog Mark's Daily Apple. Fat Burning Man also has blogs, but is best known for his podcasts.

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
What got me started towards this diet, besides having a doctor who could think for himself, and outside the box....and the diet clearing up a plethora of health problems for my wife, was a book called "Wheat Belly". There is also a "Wheat Belly" cookbook. These books aren't centered around the traditional "Paleo", but are basically along the same line.

Trr15

WKR
While not necessarily paleo specific, the Optimum Nutrition Bible is a good resource. The Paleo Cure is also worth a read.

I read the book Whole 30, ISWF (It Starts With Food), and it not only opened my eyes, but solved a whole host of issues I was having with my body. Best part is I found out, thru trial, exactly what foods were causing my issues.

ShawnStonefly

Lil-Rokslider
I had a class in college with Loren Cordain, one of the original Paleo guys. Most of his books are pretty good. If I only actually listened to what he was preaching back then, I wouldn't have 50 pounds to lose