Parallel limb bows dont need weight forward

I wouldn't worry about it just because people haven't started it out there yet;) It'll catch on eventually! Look at Levi Morgan using a 20" Windbar with an 8 oz weight and a 12" side rod on a Mathews Monster 6 and shooting a TruBall 3 Finger HT back tension release for hunting.

wapitibob

WKR
24" Vibracheck w/ 1 oz, 10" back bar w/ 8 oz.
I really dislike hunting setups so I set my bow up like my target stuff.

attachment.php

So here is my "bowhunter" set-up:

12" Blade w/ 11 oz and a 12" blade w/ 3 oz back

IMG_0980_zpsaba26372.jpg

IMG_0981_zps01291063.jpg

And here is a B Stinger set-up that is currently on my back-up bow:

10" w/ 2 oz and 6" w/ 4 oz

IMG_0984_zps9389f1e9.jpg

IMG_0985_zps6b122c2c.jpg

barmar65

Lil-Rokslider
Nice...thanks Evan. That certainly gives me something to think about and try this winter.I am also considering buying a vector turbo or spyder turbo this winter. So it would be fun setting it up and playing with different stab setups.

I would recommend the Spyder Turbo over the Vector. Little upgrade in engineering!! It's a touch lighter to start with with a wider limb pocket for better lateral stability and with a lower set grip it seems to hold better right out of the box. I also do like the cleaner look on the riser and the ability because of the cut of the riser around the stabilizer bushing to have a greater range of adjustment for my side rod.

rhendrix

WKR
Anyone wanna tell me if the b-stinger adjustable side bar is adjustable horizontally and vertically? It doesn't appear to be fully adjustable, which is why I'm asking. I'm looking at picking up it or the shrewd adjustable side bar...leaning towards the shrewd one at the moment.

BSeals71

WKR
This is my hunting bow. I normally have a quiver full of arrows on the side.
I'm not sure of the exact weights on both ends of the Doinker Tactical.

The way this is now, my bow still tips forward after the shot.
Still trying to play around with it. I might order that B-Stinger Xtreme Hunter Kit.

Also... something to think about that I've noticed is,
your forearm might hit the stabilizer depending on the angle and length.

uhevy9u2.jpg

OP
vcb

vcb

WKR
Rhendrix it's only adjustable horizontally. You could however screw the adjustable bracket into your stab threads at an angle if you wanted. Anyway only one axis of rotation. Well made bracket btw

rhendrix

WKR
Have the insanity up and running, running 5 ounces on a 6" bee stinger on the back and an 8" with one ounce on the front. It's amazing how steady my pin is now.

Here's some pictures:
use4a5es.jpg

qe5u9yby.jpg

Last edited:
OP
vcb

vcb

WKR
It's funny I started this thread a long time ago and I find myself revisiting it......always tweaking my bow:) so I also shoot a insanity cpxl. Ulmer says pay attention to what the bow does at the shot..ie move forward, backwards or side. He says this is what the bow is trying to do when your aiming. So I strictly went off this trying to achieve a dead bow in my hand at the shot....I find myself with no front stab or weight and only a 6" stinger out back on a 45 degree with 3 oz. interesting... Looking forward to shooting tomorrow at distance to see how it affects my hold/ aim

It's funny I started this thread a long time ago and I find myself revisiting it......always tweaking my bow:) so I also shoot a insanity cpxl. Ulmer says pay attention to what the bow does at the shot..ie move forward, backwards or side. He says this is what the bow is trying to do when your aiming. So I strictly went off this trying to achieve a dead bow in my hand at the shot....I find myself with no front stab or weight and only a 6" stinger out back on a 45 degree with 3 oz. interesting... Looking forward to shooting tomorrow at distance to see how it affects my hold/ aim

I think that's a really smart way to set up the bow and never really thought the after shot as much as I should. Was mostly worried about slowing down my pin.

ontarget7

WKR

I will be curious in your long term results. I seem to find more accuracy with my bows having more weight out front and falling forward immediately on the shot.

OP
vcb

vcb

WKR
I went off feel but I set up the video camera and taped the bow when shooting. Video is a great tool to use for form bow movement etc...

rhendrix

WKR
I'm finding that I could probably shoot without a front stabilizer on my insanity CPX as well. I'm still experimenting though.

rhendrix

WKR
Gotta give a shout out to highcountry_hellrazor, traded him a stabilizer last week...got it in the mail today.

Running a 10" b-stinger with two ounces in the front and a 6" with five ounces in the back, thanks to you guys. I'm digging the results.

Here's some groups at 50 yards:
gegaheju.jpg

u9edebaz.jpg

They're both a couple inches high, need to work on my release and follow through more. Overall I'm happy though considering I shot 30ish arrows a couple of hours before this at 60.

Glad I found this thread, thanks gents.

OP
vcb

vcb

WKR
Rhendrix, looks like your getting her dialed in. I'm doing the same...playing with weights to find the right balance and steady hold