Peloton 240 jacket vs Klamath hoodie

Smallie

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks that’s exactly how the hood on the 97 is for me I think I’m going to end up choosing the hoodless option then.

jester87

Lil-Rokslider
Same problem with the 240 hood for me, tight to the head, weirdly shaped, felt like my neck was too long. Tried a size larger. Hood fit better but the arms and body were too big. Exchanged for hoodless = happy. Got one in both camos I like it that much. The peloton 200 hood actually fits me better, shaped more traditional and stretches more. I’ll wear that under the 240 when its cold.

I've got the 240 and the Klamath. 240 is a million times better at blocking wind. If I could only have 1 I'd go with the 240 as it's a good outer layer most of the season and can work as a midlayer under my Jetstream if the weather sucks.
The 240 is just a warmer and more versatile piece with the full zip to manage heat. I've been using the 240 for several years and have put it through a lot of sh*t.
Klamath is a nice midlayer that you can stuff in your pack easily. It's nice but it's just not as useful ast the 240.

Napperm4

WKR
Peloton 240 fan if you’re only wanting wind block.

Kuiu Axis hybrid if you want water resistance. It has the same wind block membrane as the 240 in the chest and back with waterproof panels in the shoulders, arms and hood. Fleece lined, packable and light. It’s my layer for 90% of my needs

Maybe buy a whitetail specific piece. Sitka Stratus is on sale right now. It will solve your wind chill problem.

If you want quiet, light, water-resistant, and wind blocking, save yourself some money and buy a gamehide jacket. It's not as sexy as the big names but I've had mine for more years than I can remember. I've busted snaps and the zipper is shot but I keep wearing it for light-duty hunts, fishing, etc.

Peloton 240 fan if you’re only wanting wind block.

Kuiu Axis hybrid if you want water resistance. It has the same wind block membrane as the 240 in the chest and back with waterproof panels in the shoulders, arms and hood. Fleece lined, packable and light. It’s my layer for 90% of my needs

would it be warmer than the 240? I’m thinking of the 240 as outer layer for dry spring turkey and a mid layer for fall deer. If I had to only pick one, would the axis really only be a single season piece?

Hondo

WKR
Looking for a thin water resistant outer layer to wear when the wind is blowing 20 mph up in a stand. What would cut the wind pretty well between those two or what other items would u recommend? It will go over first lite base layers. I have solitude bibs and jacket but need something if it's 50 degrees but 20mph wind

Thin, water-resistant outer layer sounds to me to be a better match with the upcoming First Lite Ridgeline QZ than the Klamath. I would also agree that the Corrugate Guide Jacket might deserve consideration. I'm looking forward to the reviews of the Ridgeline QZ when it is released.

OP
J

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
Thin, water-resistant outer layer sounds to me to be a better match with the upcoming First Lite Ridgeline QZ than the Klamath. I would also agree that the Corrugate Guide Jacket might deserve consideration. I'm looking forward to the reviews of the Ridgeline QZ when it is released.
I called FL and asked about it. He said it was really thin. One layer. Basically like a light hiking pullover. Didn't think it was what i was looking for

Lowg08

WKR
Another option outside of the peleton 240 would be the Sitka mountain jacket. I have been putting one to use this spring and so far it’s checking all your boxes.

Napperm4

WKR
would it be warmer than the 240? I’m thinking of the 240 as outer layer for dry spring turkey and a mid layer for fall deer. If I had to only pick one, would the axis really only be a single season piece?

I wear my axis jacket anywhere from cool spring and fall days right through to my main outer layer with a puffy or fleece underneath. For me it’s more of a do all piece