Pheasant shotgun

lacire

FNG
Didn’t you receive a improved cylinder, modified and full chokes with the gun?

lacire

FNG
Benelli makes both flush and extended factory chokes for there shotguns. The only difference I see is the ease of removing the extended chokes without a wrench. I bought two aftermarket Carlsons extended tubes for my Benelli, a full and a TSS for turkey hunting. You really need to pattern the choke and shell together to see what pattern you’re getting for the expected range you think you’ll be shooting at.

Vandy321

WKR
You guys prefer factory chokes
Over extended chokes?
I've always bought a set of extended (or flush fit) part if the reason is most factory chokes I've had were 'no steel' in a full choke...not muchbof a factor for pheasant, but I shoot a full for geese and diver ducks

lacire

FNG
I've always bought a set of extended (or flush fit) part if the reason is most factory chokes I've had were 'no steel' in a full choke...not muchbof a factor for pheasant, but I shoot a full for geese and diver ducks
Yah, you’re correct nether the Benelli factory improved modified or full whether flush or extended are approved for steel. That’s why I bought the Carlsons full choke.

WRO

WKR
So got mine out and broke it down. Everything looks fine, not that you ever see an indication with a pin, they just fracture.

To be certain you are referring to this correct?
View attachment 291722

It's at least in a spot that easy to keep tabs on.
They just break, no warning the keeper pin is pretty soft

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Wassid82

WKR
Keep your eye on Gunbroker. I missed a Beretta a400 and Browning Maxus Ultimate both new at the $1200 price point on no reserve auctions in the last month. Ended up with a new Benelli Ethos for $1350 shipped. Any of those are some great pheasant gun and attainable with some internet savvy.
Both of these shot guns would be at the very top of my list.....also a super Vinci if I came across one....some fo the other beretta 380 can be nice as well. My friend also has a a300 and for the money it is super sweet

Donjuan

WKR
Thinking about picking up a new pheasant shotgun. I am trying to do some research. I want to stay around 1200 dollars or lower. What do you guys recommend???
Whatever you want to carry and shoot well.
I like to carry my 20ga m2 but shoot a 12ga wingmaster much better

Ndodge

FNG
Good old reliable simple and affordable Remington 870. $400 and forget it. Spend the rest on a dog!

Natetnc

FNG
I would go for a 3" 12ga.... I love a 20ga for all around field but "I" need the extra shell when it comes to the roosters.

Mosby

WKR
I have a really nice old A5 16 gauge with a modified choke. It was made 4 years before I was born. Got it at Cabelas before they were bought out. Looks like it has never had a round through it. Decided to start using it this year. A 12 gauge Benelli ultralight is my primary pheasant gun. I just got two extended Carlson chokes to pattern test.

505Wapiti

WKR
I prefer the over under for upland because I like the choke difference on the first vs second follow up shot if needed.