Photography- one photo a day

alaskanparret

Lil-Rokslider
7eb4b2c6304d5f6a0d560a447bf1037e.jpg

Zoom in and you can see me standing down by the cave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Geedubya

Lil-Rokslider
Here we hunt trespass leases on private property. These photo was taken a while ago on the Briscoe Ranch, some 60K low-fenced/no fenced acres in the Texas hill country. I reckon the title of the thread sez' one pix a day, but it took two snaps and was still not able to catch the whole. The camera I was using at the time and the resulting images do not do it justice.

GoeomZf.png

bke00CW.png

ya!

GWB

My wife and I will be heading up the Haul Road (Dalton Highway), past the Arctic Circle and through the Brooks Range at the end of next month with our truck and camper. We've done it a few times already (once all the way to Prudhoe), but it's been a while. With the border closed to the YT, it seems like a perfect time to get up there again. I was looking through some pictures this morning from our last trip a few years ago, and I thought others might enjoy seeing a few memorable images from that far north drive...
Curious - Do you tow a trailer or use a truck camper?

Something I've always wanted to do...

AKDoc

WKR
Curious - Do you tow a trailer or use a truck camper?

Something I've always wanted to do...
You should do it! We have a truck camper...it's the way to go on that trip IMO. I also always have two-spares on rims and other "just in case" things with me!

We've also done the Dempster Highway a couple of times. It goes up through the YT and NWT to the Beaufort Sea. That trip is also very scenic and quite the experience.

You should do it! We have a truck camper...it's the way to go on that trip IMO. I also always have two-spares on rims and other "just in case" things with me!

We've also done the Dempster Highway a couple of times. It goes up through the YT and NWT to the Beaufort Sea. That trip is also very scenic and quite the experience.
I tried that drive in Sept. about 30 years ago in my 4X4 Nissan PU. I wanted to get all the way to Prudhoe. As I was climbing the pass, it began snowing and sticking. After a few miles, I started thinking that if I kept going, it might take a long time before I could get back over the pass because I didn't have chains with me. Thus, I turned around and headed back to town.

Maybe someday!!

I have a truck camper (old, kinda crappy) and a good truck to do it (7.3 dually 4x4 crew), its just so damned far from me. I've thought of planning a couple of summer vacations when the kids get a little older that places the truck in strategic locations -i.e. do the west one summer, then ferry the truck up to alaska for the next summer, then the haul road or dempster or something, then work the truck back south. Maybe spend month each summer doing a 'section' of a much larger vacation.