Photography- one photo a day

twall13

WKR
9759593b81318e38d052369b4faa1a00.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
When most people think California, they think cities, deserts, and the Bay area. You sir, are painting a whole different picture than many think about Ca.

Yup and we barely scratched the Sierra's; my buddy is on his over there now for a ten day sheep hunt in the White Mountains- an old high school teacher of his drew a permit- looks like some really cool country too :)

Yup and we barely scratched the Sierra's; my buddy is on his over there now for a ten day sheep hunt in the White Mountains- an old high school teacher of his drew a permit- looks like some really cool country too :)
The Whites, wow. Great country, but can be extremely unforgiving. I hope he posts about his hunt.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
My first backpacking trip in the sierras was in 1992. I’ve spent every year in those mountains since and I still feel like I’ve only scratched the surface.

What’s your setup and process for this? Looking to get into more astro stuff this winter.
I took the picture with a 22 Ultra on a tripod at about 8,400 feet above sea level.
A single 30 second exposure with Pro mode and set to save RAW files (a must for astro photography, IMO) and then processed in the free Android version of Lightroom.
I took it just after moonrise, so that's what lit up the clouds so well.