Photography- one photo a day

alaskanparret

Lil-Rokslider
Spring bear hunting in Alaska

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
86fd1dfd0680ef4d7b491d2300e737e2.jpg

outdoor guy, you have so many great pictures. I am almost where you are, I just want to take pictures. A couple more of putting protein in my freezer and I will let the younger guys help fill my freezer. And then I can just go take pictures! Older age is starting to ta;k me, and I am going t o listten.
Thanks. I appreciate that.

My serious photo collecting spanned about 50 yrs. & includes thousands of images, mostly in the form of KR64 slides. I probably have 5-6K elk images alone. What I've posted here is a mere handful that have been scanned at one time or another. Some are good scans & others are not so good. My old Nikon scanner won't work with Win10, but just in the last two weeks, I've been looking at buying a new one for about $400. If I do, I'll have some fresh ones to post.

For today...

kuducow.jpg

Thanks. I appreciate that.

My serious photo collecting spanned about 50 yrs. & includes thousands of images, mostly in the form of KR64 slides. I probably have 5-6K elk images alone. What I've posted here is a mere handful that have been scanned at one time or another. Some are good scans & others are not so good. My old Nikon scanner won't work with Win10, but just in the last two weeks, I've been looking at buying a new one for about $400. If I do, I'll have some fresh ones to post.

For today...

Amazed how long legged they are, I'm guessing they are the most cautious of all the critters we encountered on a three week hunt. They leave a couple decoys near the bull and fan out flankers as far as 200 yards. Bark kinda like a cow elk and adios.
Great pic

Amazed how long legged they are, I'm guessing they are the most cautious of all the critters we encountered on a three week hunt. They leave a couple decoys near the bull and fan out flankers as far as 200 yards. Bark kinda like a cow elk and adios.
Great pic
I don't have many of the scenic/live animal photos I took in Africa scanned. Maybe two dozen in all. I have a bunch of the 'grip-&-grin' hero types of dead critters or fish, but I try to keep the ones I post in this thread more in the 'nice picture' realm.

King Cheetah

kingcheetah.jpg

Last edited:
We saw one pride of lions, got within 250. Guide said we won't push it. So exhilarating to get so close. Been spraying grizz for 20 years in Alaska, first lion takes the cake