Photos & lessons learned from my first Idaho muley hunt (2019)

vBC

FNG
Thanks for sharing your story, this is so valuable for new western hunters. Also, any day in the field is a good day.

Kmk343

FNG
Thanks for the write up, I am heading to idaho for my first western hunt this fall. Its good to know there will at least be some trees to stalk!

HDwild

WKR
Great write-up, man. And solid photos. As a Washington native I share the frustration of seeing so much Hunter's Orange and worse, all the damn ATVs and RZRs being driven by drunk idiots (usually West siders, sorry, not sorry) all the way up to the tops of canyons, passing the best hunting spots in the unit. I was close to doing what you did and hunting out of state but I got cold feet and bailed due to lack of time spent physically scouting. I think boots on the ground scouting is almost mandatory unless you are a very experienced hunter in regards to that specific terrain/species.

Buck197

WKR
Just came across this. Great way to start my morning reading this. New country, New species, New learning curve. Persistence, and bowhunting is rough regardless. It sounds like you're figuring things out and on the right track, if possible, know the migration, and know where the deer are at before season, and have a good idea what they ought to be doing for the time of year you hunt, IE. if weather hits to move em etc.
Thanks, even knows I am months late seeing this, for starting my day off right.

OP
Troutnut

Troutnut

FNG
Since this old thread just got bumped anyway (glad people are still enjoying it!) I might as well post the link to the 2020 hunt: