Pics of animals you weren't hunting

maya

FNG
Not the greatest pic, but it captures the sense of place. Was out with my chainsaw on a brisk winter day cuttin up a fallen oak tree. I turn around & the herd is just hanging out watching me. Stuck around for an hour or so. There's a few bulls back there somewhere

Attachments

• IMG_20230323_113245_740.jpg
    IMG_20230323_113245_740.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 35
OP
Bolo4u

Bolo4u

FNG
OP
Bolo4u

Bolo4u

FNG
Mule deer hunting in the middle of a very large ranch in far West Texas and this guy showed up. Don't know how he got there, where he came from, where he was going or what happened to him after I saw him for two days. View attachment 585824
A group of us go to an outfitter in the Texas panhandle and there are a few exotic ranches near some of his leases. He has said there are times that those animals will escape and he has seen them on his feeder cameras. Last year he told us there had been some Aoudad ( I think, but it was an exotic) that escaped a ranch due to a fire damaging fence lines in the year or so prior, and if we saw one we could shoot it. We didn't see any...

A group of us go to an outfitter in the Texas panhandle and there are a few exotic ranches near some of his leases. He has said there are times that those animals will escape and he has seen them on his feeder cameras. Last year he told us there had been some Aoudad ( I think, but it was an exotic) that escaped a ranch due to a fire damaging fence lines in the year or so prior, and if we saw one we could shoot it. We didn't see any...
This reminds me of the infamous Wild West Camel story. In the 1800s US Army thought camels would make good pack animals for the South West so they shipped a bunch in from the Middle East. They ended up causing problems so a lot were auctioned off and many escaped. Supposedly they trampled crops and generally terrorized the Southwest for a number of years.