Picture for attention

I see people posting “picture for attention” occasionally now with accompanying pics that aren’t always related to topic of discussion. Am I missing something or is this just some extension of people thinking everything is like Facebook? WTF, over.

I haven't noticed it occuring on Rokslide yet, but posting a PFA in a forum makes no sense to me...unless maybe there's a view option that shows thread previews where the pic is visible before fully opening the thread.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
I see people posting “picture for attention” occasionally now with accompanying pics that aren’t always related to topic of discussion. Am I missing something or is this just some extension of people thinking everything is like Facebook? WTF, over.
Example please

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Link, or it didn't happen... actually, I am pretty curious...

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Saying “pfa” usually means just that, it’s to draw attention but doesn’t actually show or add to the subject.
Posting a pfa is a way to grab attention on sites such as facebook that put photos at the front of a thread. Otherwise it’s a good bet that your comment gets glazed over.
I don’t know what the benefit is to do that here.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
Interesting. Never heard of the phrase before. In all honesty, at least it wasn't a selfie. I'm still flabbergasted that grown men take those....