Pig hunt or other options for big game experience

bisblue

WKR
I have two years until I have a bit more spending money. I'm based in Central Idaho, but what would be the some ideas for great hunts to get lots of big game experience in a short timeframe? I shoot a recurve if given a choice sand would take that as my primary goal is to build confidence with it for big game. Mostly because you work so hard for public land opportunities out here.

I was thinking Hawaii for goats, pigs, deer...
Texas for pigs.. what would I expect to pay for good opportunity on our in Texas?

Idaho pig for reference.
20220523_160928.jpg

Yarak

WKR
Any state in south or southeast would be prime for hog hunting opportunities

RadDad

Lil-Rokslider
Why not hunt deer and black bear where you are?

What sort of bow is that?
This was my thought exactly. There are a ton of opportunities in central Idaho that can be hunted on the cheap. Elk, white tail, and bear tags can all be gotten OTC in certain zones/units. All you need at that point is some gas and maybe backpacking gear if you’re hunting back country.

If you’re really looking to go after hogs, Texas is full of ‘em. You can usually find an outfitter through Google no problem. Or, if you know someone in the S/SE with property, they would probably be more than happy to let you take a few off their land. They wreak havoc on the land and reproduce at prolific rates.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

-RadDad

I have two years until I have a bit more spending money. I'm based in Central Idaho, but what would be the some ideas for great hunts to get lots of big game experience in a short timeframe? I shoot a recurve if given a choice sand would take that as my primary goal is to build confidence with it for big game. Mostly because you work so hard for public land opportunities out here.

I was thinking Hawaii for goats, pigs, deer...
Texas for pigs.. what would I expect to pay for good opportunity on our in Texas?

Idaho pig for reference.
View attachment 432630
Do a Texas hunt and fish package, get some saltwater fishing in. I don't know the cost for hogs but if you end up going that route shoot me a message and I'll ask around on our local forums. We spot and stalk ours in the coastal grass down by our fish camp island and it can be a hoot, but most of the outfitter type stuff is going to be feeder based or they'll lay 1/2 mile corn string on the road and when they pop out you can stalk them that way.

Northpark

WKR
If the goal is to go out and shove a bunch of arrows in rib cages to build confidence it would be tough to beat a Texas exotics and hog hunt. Last year I went over and shot an axis doe and 5 hogs in two days. Also passed up Aoudad and Catalina goats and more axis just to keep my cost down. I spent $850 which included lodging.