Please help, Sight housing bottomed out

OP
A
You must have a pretty high anchor.
I’d definitely start with moving the sight closer to your riser. Then move the top pin down until you get 20 dialed (or 30 if you want that)and set the rest in 10 yard increments. Trying to get an 80 pin on a 5 pin sight is hamstringing you I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ll give those a try. I mostly elk hunt and have had my pins at 30,45,60,70,80. I’ve been shooting that set up for a few years as really like it but I may have to adjust

Marble

WKR
Seems like we are missing info.

I would want to know all the specs: draw length, draw weight, arrow weight.

Then a picture of the Op at full draw just to make sure everything looks good.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

I tend to use my 20 pin the most while hunting, so I usually set that in the middle of the housing (between middle and 1/3 way down), then move my housing to sight in the 20 pin. Adjust other pins after that is set. That way its easier to line up peep and housings with my most frequently used pin being center. If you want to maximize distance out of your pins in the home position, you may not want to do this, but it helps me with accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mod-it

Lil-Rokslider
Seems like we are missing info.

I would want to know all the specs: draw length, draw weight, arrow weight.

Then a picture of the Op at full draw just to make sure everything looks good.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

This is where I'm at. Something is wonky or some important info is missing.

Are you using a really heavy arrow setup, or really slow setup?

You're trying to sight the pins in to work with a sight tape that's already on the sight? A sight tape is picked out and applied after getting some pins sighted in.

If the sight housing is already as low as it can go without contacting your arrow/broadhead, just to get the top pin sighted for 20 yards, then you won't be able to dial the sight for further distances anyway. Instead of a sight tape all you'd need is a blank tape with one alignment mark on it.

With an arrow nocked and sitting on the rest, is it level, nock high, or nock low? What height does the arrow run through the Berger holes?

What is distance from center of d-loop nocking point to center of peep?

Zero fletching contact happening? If drop away rest isn't timed correctly, the back of the arrow could be hitting and getting kicked up, making the arrow nose dive out of the bow.

All else equal, your 20 is your 20. And your 60 is your 60. The variable you can adjust in my all else equal statement without compromising form via peel and anchor is the distance from the riser the housing is located. Bring it in and you’ll gain yards. Fully extended and fully compressed or closest point to the riser should be about 20-30 yards on a 270fps arrow. Rough numbers but you get it

Fisherhahn

Lil-Rokslider
For it to be bottomed out like that I’d think something must be up with the rest not being set correctly.