Please make it stop!!!!

mtjimbo

Lil-Rokslider
How else are you supposed to find critters if you don't openly ask on the internet where everything is 100% truth and people are nice. You couldn't possibly expect someone to scout right?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

mtjimbo

Lil-Rokslider
Then there’s guys asking for info on an 8 year old thread that was probably started by another guy looking for info. My biggest pet peeve is when others actually reply with info...searchable forever, in a unit I hunt. Guys on this thread have done it recently.
It was me huh?

Ratbeetle

WKR
Then there’s guys asking for info on an 8 year old thread that was probably started by another guy looking for info. My biggest pet peeve is when others actually reply with info...searchable forever, in a unit I hunt. Guys on this thread have done it recently.

Lol. I saw one. Resurrected from 2012.

mtjimbo

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure. It was another user name that stood out.
I was kidding. It wasn't me although I've been guilty of giving people ideas of where to look it's usually an impossible tag to draw so giving advice doesn't really matter I am fairly new here though

Beendare

WKR
My faborite is the old..."Hey guys. I put in for a unit this year that I've never been to and don't know anything about. To my surprise, I drew and now have no clue what to do next. Not looking for any honey holes of course, but could you point me to the elk. Not picky, I'd settle for a 300" bull. K thanx."

Literally there is a post just like that ^ right now on the AT Western section, he drew a tag in the new Co draw units [70's]....except he says, "350" bull"....that one gave me a snicker.

I've hunted many OTC units in Co for about 30 years and I've only seen one bull that comes close to that in Co...and he was in a tough draw unit.

______

Last edited:

mtjimbo

Lil-Rokslider
Literally there is a post just like that ^ right now on the AT Western section, he drew a tag in the new Co draw units [70's]....except he says, "350" bull"....that one gave me a snicker.

I've hunted many OTC units in Co for about 30 years and I've only seen one bull that comes close to that...and he was in a tough draw unit.

______
I thought Colorado was the land flowing with milk and honey... That's where all the giants live. I've been lied too

I think they are getting more creative though. I see the posts on FB asking "please post your best bull/bucks photos in this area/unit". Then, when someone posts a photo of a nice buck or bull, they get a PM begging for where that was harvested. Stupid.

Bl704

WKR
If that unit is 20, I'm happy to help.

Jeremy
Sorry, a CO unit that's not c20, but Thx.

I do think, if folks would exhaust forum searches, do some homework (e scout, look at topos, use one of many tools available) and have some specific Qs is a different story.

But if somebody really feels compelled to spill their guts to me or share some intell via a pm on CO gmu 48, who am I to complain.

Scooter90254

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t know..... Some of you guys are awful crabby. I think the majority of the time they are just excited and looking for conversation.
Elk hunting is growing at a very rapid pace so there’s a big crop of newbs every year.

That being said you can definitely blame the elk hunting celebrities. E-scouting has been ranked as the most important thing you can do. Haha

Rob5589

WKR
There are no short cuts, sans a guide. The zone I normally go, I know like the back of my hand, and have yet to even draw on an elk in 3 seasons. So even knowing an area intimately isn't a slam dunk. This year is an all new area, so my odds just went down, from zero :ROFLMAO:
It's not easy. It takes work. It takes persistence. It takes getting out there.

njdoxie

WKR
Maybe when other members ask about specific units and where to hunt, it can be standard protocol to tag this thread to their post 😂
Seriously, I wish new users would get an email with rokslide etiquette......use the search functionality before asking the same d@mn question that's been thrashed to death in 40 other threads, only give and receive info about specific units via pm, etc.....
Why can't the mods do this?????