Plush vs. Foam Interiors (Bow Cases)

Hey Roksliders,
I am currently considering hard-case options for my Matthews Vertix bow, and have narrowed it down to the SKB iSeries. However, I have encountered two different types of interiors. One is a "plush" or fur style, and the other is a more typical foam style. So my question is this: Do any of you have experience with the "plush" fur-style cases? And if so, how does it perform compared to the more typical foam style? Photos of the two styles are below. Thanks guys!

SKB 4217 plush.jpgSKB 4217 Foam.jpg

Last edited:
For some reason the plush style cases appeal to me. However, I can't really find reviews about them. I just don't want to spend that kind of money on a case ($250 or so), just to end up regretting my choice. Cheers!

My buddy has an older style plush case and he likes it a lot. I can't see why you'd have an issue with it. I can't speak for the new i series, but the company makes quality products so I doubt you'd have issues with it.

I have an older SKB with the foam inside. Love the case but the foam tends to rub the finish off my limbs where they contact it.would like to see if the plush does the same?
For some reason the plush reminds me of a 70's van interior!

If you strap the bow in, it doesn't much matter. We have the newer "hybrid" skb cases that are similar to plush and I haven't found a draw back. I stick other things around the bow like binos in a soft case, broadhead case, etc. So if ours were foam, I'd have to find somewhere else to put that stuff. I can't think of any other main points of difference.

I have an skb with a plush style. I only have a couple gripes with it; I wish it had some straps to hold the bow in place and I have to take the arrows out of my quiver or the top pieces of foam will press on the arrows with it closed

Back