Pnuma Clothing - it lives up to the hype!

tbowers

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered two pairs of the Tenacity pant to see which would fit- the 32/34 and the 34/32. I normally wear a 33/32 so we'll see- as others have said it says they run big so I'll have to see if I want to live with a larger waist and correct length or longer length and tighter waist.

What a deal though ,I found a 20% code so each pair with shipping was like $72

tbowers

Lil-Rokslider
Just to add here that the return process is really easy- they send you a shipping label and you can return anything, doesnt matter if its a sale or clearance item like they do at FL. Combine that w/ the lifetime warranty and I'll be buying more gear from these guys

Hey I know this thread is a little old but I just wanted to see if anyone has put the Pnuma stuff through its paces. I am 6'7" so its hard to find stuff that fits but Pnuma seems like it has lots of tall sizes which is a huge plus for me.

I'm interested in the Selkirk or the waypoint and am wondering how they hold up in the snow/rain/brush. Does the Selkirk hold up as for as durability? I hunt in the Pacific Northwest and it can get pretty wet and nasty sometimes navigating through fir and alder after of during a rainstorm. I also hunt Eastern Montana in the winter and was wondering if it holds up in the cold as an outer shell (with proper layers.)
Thanks!

WyoKid

WKR
I bought the waypoint but returned it as it was heavier than I expected. It is a soft shell and I really didn't need insulation. I was looking for a windproof outer layer for late season hunts.

I bought the Selkirk when Camofire had it on sale for $130 in Terra. I am not crazy about the Terra pattern but for that price, I couldn't pass it up. I needed something windproof and since it is waterproof that was a bonus. Used it this season and loved it. It is longer in the back, has side vent zips, Velcro wrist closures and a hood.

Definitely wind proof. It is not a hard shell but has a soft outer fabric. In a downpour it will likely take on water but it least you will be dry. It is does have light honeycomb insulation and definitely lighter than a softshell.

My other option was a Sitka Jetstream. I like the features of the Selkirk better and Sitka was out of my price range.

Bump79

WKR
I've got their 3L pants and jacket, for me it checked all the boxes. Light enough to pack regularly, quiet enough for archery, pit zips and breathes well. I used it all season and it has performed decently. If you we really beating the brush I'd recommend something heavier though.

wilkup

FNG
I know I’m raising the dead, but I really value feedback on products from this site and am curious how everyone’s gear has held up over the years.
Anyone tried their puffies?
I’m in central Washington and am considering the Selkirk jacket and Pallisade puffy combo.
I’m weird and prefer my Wranglers over technical pants so it’s just the jacket combo I’m interested in.

WyoKid

WKR
I know I’m raising the dead, but I really value feedback on products from this site and am curious how everyone’s gear has held up over the years.
Anyone tried their puffies?
I’m in central Washington and am considering the Selkirk jacket and Pallisade puffy combo.
I’m weird and prefer my Wranglers over technical pants so it’s just the jacket combo I’m interested in.

I have the Selkirk jacket and love it. It has held up well over 3 seasons. I use it as specific conditions require - cold, windy or occasional wet. I don't use it as a dedicated rain jacket since I have rain gear, but I have used it it for wet snow, late season, cold windy conditions and in cold light rain. It is a relatively heavier in weight than some of the UL stuff out there.

It has a lot of high end features. Rubberized zippers, taped and sealed seams, pit zips, chest and arm pockets, draw string hood, hook and loop cuff closures, and nonslip shoulder grip.

I got mine on sale during a closeout in the old Terra pattern. Terra works well for sage, plains, above timberline or late season alpine. However, it has brown, tan and white so for woodland or timber, it seems to stand out to the human eye. However, to animals, the pattern breakup works well and I have had Elk get within 15 yards without a problem.

It is the only Pnuma I have but only because I needed a quiet wind and water proof jacket.

wilkup

FNG
I have the Selkirk jacket and love it. It has held up well over 3 seasons. I use it as specific conditions require - cold, windy or occasional wet. I don't use it as a dedicated rain jacket since I have rain gear, but I have used it it for wet snow, late season, cold windy conditions and in cold light rain. It is a relatively heavier in weight than some of the UL stuff out there.

It has a lot of high end features. Rubberized zippers, taped and sealed seams, pit zips, chest and arm pockets, draw string hood, hook and loop cuff closures, and nonslip shoulder grip.

I got mine on sale during a closeout in the old Terra pattern. Terra works well for sage, plains, above timberline or late season alpine. However, it has brown, tan and white so for woodland or timber, it seems to stand out to the human eye. However, to animals, the pattern breakup works well and I have had Elk get within 15 yards without a problem.

It is the only Pnuma I have but only because I needed a quiet wind and water proof jacket.
Have you had it in downpours before? Being in central Washington, it can really dump occasionally and staying dry, warm and comfortable is a must to beat that.
My Chugach has last 6 years but I never liked the way it fit.

WyoKid

WKR
I won't say a down pour like Washington, Oregon and Alaska get but I have had it in drizzle and light to medium rain, and it did not leak at the back of the neck/hood. I have found that to be a weak spot for most rain jackets.

It is a generous fit. I went with a medium for better layering, which is a tad big but the small was a perfect fit with a light weight puffy. I am a short 5'4 and 142 lbs and could have easily gone with a small. It is a longer fitting jacket, fits past the waist and the back extends down slightly for better coverage. Some people don't like the longer fit but I prefer a longer jacket for nasty weather.

Pnuma has a lifetime guarantee and 30 day guarantee. As a side note, the outside is a brushed tricot that is dwr treated, which will eventually wear out, but it has a waterproof membrane under it.